Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Text-to-screen in Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

Is there a feature in the latest version of Virtual DJ that allows punters to send pictures or text to screen ?

Ideally it would come into VirtualDJ before being vetted by the DJ the displayed.

I know there have been third party applications in the past but I was wondering if there was anything new?

Ideally I don’t want to start using modems or simcards etc.. I was hoping there may be a way punters can visit a webpage and submit the message there?

Many thanks

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 11:24 am

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 11:29 am
Thanks for this - I did see this feature but I’d really like it to be able to output the message or picture to screen?
Not sure if I’m just being dumb but I can’t see that the ask the DJ feature offers this?
Thanks again

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 11:37 am
No, that'a not part of askthedj.

Maybe Tellyvisuals/Tellymedia?

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can use any desktop application that can accept/show SMS, then use the Screen Grab Video FX of VirtualDJ to add any part to your Video Output.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:32 pm
You could use screen grab if you want low quality, occupying another screen, poor performance, with just that displaying, or you could use TellyVisuals with excellent quality to arrange the display however you want while keeping the video, incoming text and images, logos, and other things displaying.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)