Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Custom Mapping Issue on NS7III

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I seem to have 3 mappings for my NS7III, Factory Default, Custom Mapping 1 and Custom Mapping. What I can't tell is what's different about each one. Is there a way to collect all three and see what the differences are in like a spreadsheet or Notepad++ type thing?, then I can delete the ones I don't need

Posted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 8:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Select the factory default mapping from Controllers tab of VirtualDJ Settings for the NS7III
Select a key (any) from the left-side list and change its action to something easy to remember, like .. instead of loop change to loopA , doesnt have to be a valid VDJ action. You do this just to get a most accurate copy of the factory default mapping. It will create a mapping with a name like Custom Mapping (1) , since you already have one with the same name, or name it as you like.
Then in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers folder, you will get your 2 Custom mappings along with the one you created and you can open all of them Notepad++ and Compare.

Posted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 10:21 pm
djdad wrote :
Select the factory default mapping from Controllers tab of VirtualDJ Settings for the NS7III
Select a key (any) from the left-side list and change its action to something easy to remember, like .. instead of loop change to loopA , doesnt have to be a valid VDJ action. You do this just to get a most accurate copy of the factory default mapping. It will create a mapping with a name like Custom Mapping (1) , since you already have one with the same name, or name it as you like.
Then in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers folder, you will get your 2 Custom mappings along with the one you created and you can open all of them Notepad++ and Compare.

Thank you

Posted Fri 25 Jan 19 @ 8:03 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Notepad++ is nice. Winmerge is another good compare tool.

Posted Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 2:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)