Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: my virtural Dj Wont update
I have the new virtural dj its telling me theres an update. but when I say yes to in install notting happens but when I restart the software it appares again.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 5:26 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
On Windows are you an administrator and do you answer yes when Windows asks you if it’s okay to run the installer? If you’re on Mac sorry I can’t help.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 9:53 pm
I am having the same problem with my laptop. I am running Windows 10 (as the admin). Nothing in my settings has changed since the last Virtual DJ update -- which did work. But now, I can see it downloading the update, then it asks if I want to install it, I say "YES", and it does nothing. I can tell because the version remains 8.3 b4592 -- rather than the latest 8.3 b4720 (which my desktop successfully updated).

Posted Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 7:14 pm

my asio wont appear when I load in pro

Posted Sun 06 Jan 19 @ 3:25 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Jarvis, you haven’t given us enough info to help. What controller and platform?

Also, you should start a new thread. Your post has nothing to do with VDJ updating automatically.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 19 @ 4:03 pm
I’m having the same issue on my Windows 10 PC. I also have a Windows 7 PC that I run as a backup. Today on the Win 7 machine the update yes/no came up, I clicked on “yes” to update, it did. On the Windows 10 PC when I click “yes”...nothing updates. I’ve rebooted, tried 4x, and nothing. No dialogue boxes come up asking for permission. The update just doesn’t happen.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 4:38 am
I had exactly the same issue. I manually downloaded the newer version from the website and installed that way. Hopefully that will fix the issue, as I like the existing method.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 8:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If for some reason the automatic update fails, you can try to remove (if exists) the update.ready file you will find in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache folder and then restart VDJ.
If that fails again, then download and install the latest from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and let us know if you get the same issue on next available update

Posted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 2:46 pm
djdad wrote :
If for some reason the automatic update fails, you can try to remove (if exists) the update.ready file you will find in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache folder and then restart VDJ.
If that fails again, then download and install the latest from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and let us know if you get the same issue on next available update

DJDAD's suggestion solved the issue...we're good to go! Thanks for your support and advice!

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 1:03 am
Something changed imho with the last 2 updates that is causing issues with some users. I took that last update and had to wipe out vdj and do a reinstall, and rescan on my database.

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 4:14 pm
DJWAXNPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I’m having issues with windows constantly forcing updates , Now I have two laptops that won’t work with my mixer or controller . The vertical Dj software won’t recognize my mixer or controller Because of Windows update . I’ve tried uninstalling history updates wouldn’t work

Posted Wed 12 May 21 @ 7:24 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello
In my opinion I would have rather done a restore of the windows system, to the date when everything worked well.

Posted Wed 12 May 21 @ 8:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which mixer/controller is not detected ? Perhaps try to re-install their drivers (if they have such)

Posted Wed 12 May 21 @ 9:23 am