Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: "Repeat" gets stuck on PADs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have mapped "repeat 20ms 400ms" commands on some pads.
If I'm pressing such one pad and change the pag_page (no mapper if intentionally or accidentally) while the pad with the repeat-commad is pressed, the repeat-command gets stuck and repeats its function continuously.
It also happens if I hit a second pad accidentally and release them in the wrong order.
This status is NOT SWITCHABLE / FIXABLE / REVERSIBLE in any way I could try yet, except restarting VDJ.

(The same thing happens with Roll & Slicer, but this is fixable by returning to the page and hitting the same pad again... This doesn't work in my case)

Any idea?
Or any developer who could fix this in the source codes?

Posted Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 5:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its up to the hardware actually. VirtualDJ will be repeating the action, as long as the pad is pressed, or rather until the moment the hardware sends a Midi Off note (such as 9n XX 00 or 8n XX 00).
If the Hardware (controller) has the Pads in "hardware layers", meaning the Pad X sends different Midi notes depending on the selected Pads mode (and this is the case for several controllers), then the "Off/Release" note will not come unless you visit the previous mode and press Pad again.
What you can do in such cases, is to map the Pad modes button (that change the page) to stop the repeat actions, or stop an effect or anything else that may be triggered with the Pads from the previous page. E.g. pad_page 'pagename' & effect_active 'fxname' off .. or you can add names to the repeat actions using repeat_start and repeat_stop actions instead of repeat.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)