Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Song stopped twice last night - had to restart controller and VDJ - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Good fault finding methods :-)

Posted Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 9:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
sidneysides wrote :
UPDATE - I ran the latest build today and after about 2.5 hours (the same sort of time as happened las week) the XDJ-RX2 had frozen whilst VDJ continued. ...

Is there any chance to repeat the above test with latest Build and monitor your Mac Memory and CPU usage ? Considering the fact that the freeze happens after some certain/long period of time, my guess is that there may be some sort of memory leak and would be helpful for Devs to know if there is one.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 6:21 am
If I can be around at the time if the crash I can try! Or is there a program that will automatically monitor it?

Posted Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 8:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, doesnt have to be the time you get the freeze. You can check how much Memory VDJ consumes a few minutes after you start mixing and then check a few more times every 30mins or so.
I believe Activity Monitor on your Mac (have it opened) will provide the memory usage.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 8:59 am
Ran 4451 for 24 hours solid - no crash
Ran 4459 last night for 7 hours - no crash (although this was the build that had crashed previously)
Had a resource monitor open and can't see any spikes in memory at any point over the last week (it has been constantly monitoring - forgot I had it running)

Currently running 4459 again on a long test to see if can get it to crash again!

Posted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 10:37 am
UPDATE - had another crash where controller (XDJ-RX2) froze and had to restart the controller (VDJ continued). Since then, for the last few weeks, I've gone back to my old MacBook from 2014 and all has been OK. I am guessing that there is something not quite right between VDJ / New MacBook Pro / XDJ-RX2 but I don't know what it is. The new MacBook uses USB-C ports and I am using adaptors to fit hardware to them but not sure whether this causes an issue. For now I am using my old MacBook but seems that not being able to use the new one is £2000 down the drain...

Posted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)