Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Topic: Touchscreen Information and Updates
djbaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am thinking of getting a touchscreen monitor to plug into my laptop and then control Virtual DJ 8 using a touchscreen skin. Can anyone who is currently using a touchscreen to control Virtual DJ let me know how it is going and any issues you have run into?

I also have some specific questions about using a touchscreen monitor plugged into a laptop.

If you connect the monitor to your laptop' single HDMI port and you want to play videos, what's the best way to do this?

If you are going to search for songs in the library I assume you have to have access to the laptop's keyboard. There is not a pop-up virtual keyboard is there?

What specifications do I need to look for when shopping for a touchscreen monitor?

My equipment is currently in a 19" case. If I get a larger monitor that won't fit in the case, what's the best way to protect the monitor as it is being transported?

Thanks in advance for any help.

UPDATE ... I realize now that I posted this in the wrong section but I'm not sure how to move it.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 18 @ 3:19 pm
Hi there,

I have been using a laptop with a touchscreen for over two years and have no issues - you are limited by the amount of decent VDJ touchscreen templates (no offence intended). I use the Multi-touch one and I am happy with it.

I am afraid I can't help you on the dedicated touchscreen monitor but I hope my experience helps in this matter.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 8:25 pm
djbaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey and thanks for the information. I decided to get an all-in-one computer with a touchscreen to avoid the problem of trying to use a touchscreen monitor with a laptop and play music videos at the same time.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 12:38 am