Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to turn Sync Off and On?
DJ 101 question here: How do you turn Sync off and on? I've worked with other controllers in the past that had a separate Sync button and it made sense. Click the button once, its on, click the button again, its off. I've got Virtual 8 and a Pioneer DDJ SB2 and I'm using the DDJ SB2 skin in the software..

I know how most of your minds work: from the instruction manual "SYNC: Syncs the tempo and phase of this deck with the deck that is set as Master (indicated with the M button in the 4 Decks default skin). The Master Deck is automatically by default (auto mode)

Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to manually set a deck as Master. Once a Deck is manually set as Master, the auto-selection of the Master Deck will not be available. To return to the auto-selection, you will need to press the same button again on the Deck that is currently set as Master
."

I get that you set a deck as Master and that the other deck(s) automatically sync to that deck. What I don't get is how to turn the Sync function **OFF** - it seems to be automatic and I haven't found an option in the setup that allows otherwise. I've tried pressing the Sync button, pressing Shift + Sync, pressing Sync while playing and pressing Shift and Sync while playing. I've also tried right-clicking the Sync button on the screen, to no avail. Am I to understand that the Sync function is automatic, desired or not, and that the only way to disable it is to wildly move the pitch control up and down (so far, the only way I've found to un-sync something).?

Posted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 10:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sync is not a mode, its an instant action, so there is nothing to turn off here. Whenever the SYNC button is pressed, the track matches its tempo and phase with the other deck (or the Masterdeck)

Perhaps you mean turn off the automation when a track is loaded (gets the same BPM as the other deck). In this case, you need to disable autoBPMMatch from Options

Posted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 10:46 pm
Thank you for that info djdad. I've been trying for months to figure that out.

Posted Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 7:05 pm
djdad, I have another question for you. How do I save my settings on my Numark Mixtrack Platinum when I set them after startup? There are 4decks and only the first two have their settings saved.

Posted Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 7:28 pm
"autoBPMMatch"

Having some fun with vdj 2018 and had to check v 7.4 to figure this one out.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 1:46 am
Hi hi I need my synchronisation off I have disconnected BPM and anything else relating to it and still when I upload a new track and press play the BPM changes and mimics the other one this is a big no-no for me what can I do in the settings to prevent this from happening I have recently upgraded and this has left me very disappointed and thinking of changing to another format can you help

Posted Sun 01 Dec 19 @ 1:35 pm
Disable auto sync on play. Or smart play as it's also called

Posted Sun 01 Dec 19 @ 4:43 pm
Also if you click the small dot adjacent to each deck you can turn these off or on :-
AUTOMATCH BPM
AUTOMATCH KEY
AUTO SYNC ON PLAY
AUTO PITCH LOCK
Each deck has one so you might need to check all decks.

Also just found out this nugget too..... if you right click on the pitch difference at the side of each deck, the number it slowly moves it to zero!

Posted Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 4:13 pm
So I have done everything that you guys have said. Before I got this new laptop and it put the latest version of Virtual DJ on I didn't have any problems but unfortunately my old laptops screen broke and I had to buy a new one. Surprisingly enough some of the buttons on the controller actually work with this new laptop and new version as opposed to my old one but first off there is no skin for a Numark Mixtrack Platinum. I'm using the Mixtrack Pro lll. Can somebody tell me why there isn't a skin for the Platinum and is there any other way to stop the auto sync? I've gone into the settings in Virtual DJ I've tried hitting the buttons on the controller and it still is auto syncing by itself. It's never done this before on the old laptop and old Virtual DJ version. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 10:28 pm
Jhanley20 wrote :
why there isn't a skin for the Platinum

There is no such thing as a skin "for" a controller. All skins work with any controller.

It's not necessary to use a skin that looks like your controller (see Rekordbox, Serato, Traktor).

Posted Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 7:30 am
I know .. old post .. but just wanted to let you know that your comments/clarifications helped me a lot!

Posted Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 2:32 am