Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer SX3 is coming - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you guys installed the Mac drivers ?

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 11:43 am
Have you guys installed the Mac drivers ?

Yes

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 2:13 pm
I got it working by manually mapping each channel. But still there SX3 does not physically appear in the audio settings.

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 8:21 pm
basicimage84 wrote :
I got it working by manually mapping each channel. But still there SX3 does not physically appear in the audio settings.

Fixed for next Build

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 10:46 pm
slimcox1 wrote :
I'm also unable to CUE on the left deck.The Master CUE works for both decks. My audio setup below.

Just tried on Mac OSX 10.13
- Default Audio Setup as shown in manual
- Factory default maping
- Speakers connected to Master Output of DDJ-SX3
- Headphones connected to DDJ-SX3 (front)

When the Headphones MIX knob at the front of the DDJ-SX3 is at minimum position (left/0), i get on Headphones whatever deck has its CUE enabled on DDJ-SX3
When the MIX knob of the DDJ-SX3 is at the maximum position and the MASTER CUE is enabled, i get the Master Output on Headphones

So everything works as expected here.

slimcox1 wrote :
And also for some reason the right deck is not allowing me to scratch it only lags the track.

You enable/disable Scratch(Vinyl) mode with SHIFT+SLIP on the DDJ-SX3 (per deck)

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 10:51 pm
Ok that solved the problem. And now tonight CUE works fine on both channels. I didn't do anything at all

Posted Fri 10 Aug 18 @ 2:16 am
basicimage84 wrote :
Fixed for next Build

It works, Not sure what happened...But VDJ now sees my SX3.

Posted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 8:03 pm
Every time I start vdj and power up the sx3 I have to go into settings and click apply in order to get output from the mixer

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 7:02 pm
Do you see the same Audio setup in VirtualDJ Settings (Audio tab) before and after you hit Apply ?
If you hit Apply, get sound from SX3, then close VDJ and re-open right after, do you still have to hit Apply ?

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 7:07 pm
Yes settings are the same nothing changes

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 9:19 pm
My headphones are playing split when the nob is on master I can still hear the cue side in one earphone I’m sure it’s a simple setting can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong.
Thanks

Posted Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 10:36 am
Having the following playback issues:

1. Songs will play at normal speed then for no particular reason...they slow down and sometime stop
2. Cannot scratch on the right deck. When I apply Shift . Vinyl no response. Sometomes software shuts down

:(

Posted Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 6:22 pm
abigbabyd wrote :
Hey, I see where someone mentioned the 4490. What exactly is that and where can I find this link? I am still very cautious to play out with this sx3 and vdj. Seems to be a few bugs BUGGING people at the moment. Should I be afraid?

I SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED WITH THE SX2. THERE IS SO MANY PROBLEMS ITS NOT FUNNY. WHERE DO I START. I GUESS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE, IS THAT VIRTUAL 8 WILL JUST SHUT DOWN ALL THE SUDDEN. AND WHEN UR PLAYING AT A CLUB AND ARE PROJECTING OUT TO A MESS OF T.VS. NOT GOOD. WHEN YOU TURN ON VIRTUAL YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING FOR IT TO FIND THE CONTROLLER. BUT EVEN WHEN IT FINDS IT. IT WILL PLAY A TRACK BUT THEN THE PLATTERS DON'T LIGHT UP. SO YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR CUE. NOT TO MENTION THE HEADPHONE OUTPUT SOMETIMES WORKS AND SOMETIMES DOSE'NT. WHEN YOUR LOOKING THROUGH YOUR FILES YOU PUSH THE BUTTON TO LOAD THE TRACK AND NOTHING HAPPENS. YOU HAVE TO CLICK AND DRAG IT OVER YOUR SELF. I'VE HAD THIS CONTROLLER FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW. AND ITS BEEN A REAL PAIN IN THE BUTT. I PLAY THURS,FRIDAY, SATURDAY. THIS WHY IAM SO PISS. THIS IS MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A JACKASS. BECAUSE WHEN IT DECIDES TO NO WORK, ITS NOT LIKE I CAN RESTART THE PROGRAM WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING. AND YES IT DOES HAVE AN OTHER USB INPUT OR I CAN PLUG IN MY PHONE. BUT WHY? THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO EVEN HAVE TO DO THAT. I WAITED AFTER THE CONTROLLER CAME OUT SO THAT HOPEFULLY ALL THE BUGS WOULD BE FIXED BY THEN. BUT I GUESS NOT. BUT WE STILL HAVE TO KEEP PAYING FOR PRO USER EVEN THOUGH ITS MAKING US LOOK LESS THAN A PRO. VIRTUAL DJ HAS ALWAYS BEEN PERFECT! LAST NIGHT I FOUND MYSELF DOWNLOADING SERATO BECAUSE I'AM REALLY TRIED OF THIS. MAYBE ITS TAKING A WHILE FOR THEM TO FIX THE BUGS CUZ NOBODY HAS TOLD THEM THAT IT DON'T WORK RIGHT. I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE WHO PLAYS AT CLUBS OR ANY GIG WHERE YOUR MAKING MONEY AND CANT AFFORD TO LOOK BAD. THEN DON"T MESS AROUND USE SOMETHING ELSE!. VIRTUAL 8 WITH THE DDJSX3 IS LIKE BRINGING A PIT BULL HOME YOU FOUND ON THE STREET. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHEN ITS GONNA BITE YOU. SO DON'T!! RISK IT. I WON'T EVEN ASK FOR UN UPDATE OR ETA ON WHEN THESE BUGS WILL BE FIXED. IF THEY KNEW I'AM SURE THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD US ALREADY.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 11:53 am
Please help, having a hard time to install my Sx3 on Max Pro, it’s shows controller detected but no soundcard, I followed all the steps still nothing. No problem at all with windows pc everything works fine

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 12:21 am
djpaco951 wrote :
I followed all the steps

Did you download and install the SX3 Mac driver?

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 7:54 am
mariushallangos wrote :
djdad wrote :

Why is it hard to use with the SX2 ?

I'm used to external mixer audio config mode in virtualdj so the gain on my mixer is hardware. Not only on sx2 but on the xdj-rx2 also I can't trim the gain based on the led meter. I have tried various settings on "autoGain" option (auto, no) and "controllerTakeoverMode (instant/pickup) but it seems to not reflect the real behavior of how hardware gain works. I just can't use the gain in midi mixer mode. That's why I'm looking for a controller that supports "external mixer" mode in audio config (like ddj-sz or xdj-rx2). I have opened a topic regarding this type of controllers long time ago... I currently have xdj-rx2 but I keep getting freezes when I use it with virtualdj or rekordbox (in performance mode) so I was hoping the sx3 can be used in external mixer config. Off topic: do you know if ddj-sz2 can be used in external mixer config? Thanks.

I use a ddj-sz & a ddj-rz, both can work in external mixer mode. I am also like you and do not like software takeover of my gain controls

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 7:20 pm
I think Pioneer has a recall on the sx3. The sb3 as well

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 7:24 pm
djdad wrote :
Pioneer DDJ-SX3 is natively supported in latest Early Access Build (4514 at this moment).
Public Release (currently Build 4459) does not support Pioneer DDJ-SX3.

If you want to use your SX3, prior the Early Access becoming Public Release, you will need to ..
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet
- Open VirtualDJ , goto Settings->OPTIONS tab
- Search for the setting earlyAccessUpdates and set it to Yes
- Close VirtualDJ and open again
- After a few seconds, you will get a pop-up prompt to update to the Early Access Build.
- After restarting VDJ, verify the Build number from VDJ Settings

For proper funtionality, please ensure that ..
- You have installed the DDJ-SX3 drivers (for both Windows and Mac)
- You have configured VDJ Audio setup as shown in the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/setup.html
- You have selected the "factory default" mapping from VDJ->Controllers tab for the DDJ-SX3

In case you experience any audio issue or proper channel separation..
- With DDJ-SX3 connected to USB and powered on ...
- Make sure the DDJ-SX3 is not the default playback/recording device for your Operating System

If you still experience any issue, please open a new topic and provide details.

Notes.
1. There are no known issues for the DDJ-SX3 at this moment.
2. If you dont want to get Early Access Builds in the future (to avoid possible issues that we may have missed) and always rely on the most tested Public release, put the setting above back to No

FYI. Current Early Access Build 4514 is safe to use. Unless something is found during our (and your) last tests, this Build will become Public in a few days

llevo varios dias desde que compre mi nueva ddj sx3 teniendo problemas....Se me queda congelado el deck derecho e izquierdo cuando muevo el jog hacia delante o hacia detras.....teniendo que cerrar el programa y volverlo a abrir para que funcione y ni asi puedo arreglarlo.....
el mic2 ni el line del canal 4 no sale al master, a pesar de marcar y llegarle señal.....

he configurado el earlyaccessupdates a "SI" y conectado a internet funciona mas o menos bien...pero si no inicio el programa conectado a internet, me vuelve a dar el mismo problema.....

le agradeceria me dijera que puedo hacer para solucionar el problema......GRACIAS.....

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 12:40 pm
You need to post in English, or use the Spanish forum.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 12:50 pm
My right jogwheel will not scratch on ddj sx3 but it scratches when i switch to channel 4

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 8:59 pm
98%