Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke delay when starting track.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This began two updates ago and I figured it would be fixed on the next update... Nope. When I'm in karaoke mode, the track is automatically cued up and the silence at the beginning is skipped. When I hit play, the track begins playing but there's no audio for the first 1-2 seconds. The crossfader is in the middle. If I stop the track in the middle of the song and then resume playing, there's no delay. It's only at the beginning. Also, if I turn karaoke mode off and press play, there's no delay. This delay throws off some of my singers so now I have to manually back the track up prior to playback so the delay is before the music starts.

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 1:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the KaraokeDualDeck mode (from VDJ Settings) ?

And just to be sure. It's not a matter of a delay between Audio and Video (where audio/Video follows the Video/Audio with a delay) , right ?

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 4:18 am
No, I use single deck for karaoke. The audio and video are synced up. The delay is when I press play, the track begins playing but there's no sound for the first 1-2 seconds. I'll test it out on dual deck to see if it does the same thing.

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 4:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We are aware of a similar issue in Dual-deck mode, but we can't reproduce in single (default) mode. Can you shoot and upload a video showing the issue and share the link here ?

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 5:00 pm
Once I figure out how to upload a video on here, I'll do that. However, I found that if I change the karaokeBackgroundMusic to anything but "automix", I get the delay. I don't want background music between karaoke songs, so I have it set to "sidelist" (since I don't use it).

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 5:35 pm

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 6:35 pm
I tested it myself and for sure it's delayed as reported.
This is when background music is set to NONE, however if it is set to Play from AUTOMIX, no Delay at all.

Also, if you UNLOADED the loaded track, look in the Karaoke list and VDJ insert a BLANK Audio (see pic)

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 6:42 pm
another thing, why does VDJ unloads the track and load the next one ? This behavior is good when the singer is finished but, if I have to stop cause the singer needs to start over, then song gets unloaded and loads the next one.

This behavior is not good when you are using a REMOTE to PLAY/STOP the song.

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 6:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Thanks, the bug has been found and will be fixed in the next update.
It was happening when no background mode is selected.

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 7:00 pm
Thanks guys! :-)

Posted Fri 04 May 18 @ 7:06 pm
Thanks Adion, how about the other I mention ?

If you stop the playing karaoke song cause the singer wants to re-start, it will get unloaded and vdj loads the next song.

Posted Sat 05 May 18 @ 1:43 am
The Magic.DJ, try starting a new thread with your concern ;-)

Posted Sat 05 May 18 @ 7:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)