Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cross fader issues with only audio and video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LiveFXPRO InfinityMember since 2012
When I move the cross fader all the way to one side with the controller it slowly moves back to the middle. When I move it with the mouse there's no problem, however it shows two markers on the screen as pictured in the attached pic. One is the normal, the other is lighter harder to see. I've gone through all the settings I can think of, tried different scins and it the same every time. .???

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 3:11 am
What is your "controllerTakeovermode" set at?

Posted Wed 17 Jan 18 @ 4:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The skin you are using (at least from the screenshot) is showing the Video Crossfader, while probably your controller is mapped to control the Audio Crossfader.
There are 3 ways to control the Video Crossfader
- Have LINK Video Crossfader enabled. In this case, the Video crossfader will follow the Audio Crossfader.
- Have the AUTO Video Crossfader enabled, which is probably what you have atm. In this case, the Video Crossfader will automatically pik its position depending on the track(s) that is(are playing out live, so its related to the Audio Crossfader and Volume faders positions.
- Have both AUTO and LINK disabled. In this case, you need to manually adjust the Video Crossfader, either with the mouse from the skin, or using a controller fader, mapped as video_crossfader.

Switch to the Default VirtualDJ skins and see the AUTO and LINK video crossfader modes in the center VIDEO mixer panel.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 18 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)