Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] Reloop Touch controller - VirtualDJ 8 Pro included - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Great to see such a link in and collaborative venture with Virtualdj, and a really interesting looking controller.

Any ideas as to why the novel sliders arrangement on the fx controls? Is this a sign of some new upcoming feature like a remix deck equivalent built into VDJ? (...please! :-) )

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 8:29 am
Phantom DeeJay Wrote:
"Actually the screen on this controller is part of your desktop.
So, you can use it anyway you want.
You can drag the entire Traktor window on it and work, or you can have VirtualDj running on your laptop as usual and drag your DMX software on Touch Screen, or use a skin with detachable browser and drag the browser, or create a window with the sampler and drag only the sampler on it, e.t.c.
You can even drag solitaire and start playing if you are really bored at a gig... :P"

That's awesome, because I'm thinking the 7" screen is too small for everything to be on there.
I'd likely split it with the browser on my laptop and the 4 decks and samples on the 7", or something like that?

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 11:46 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Sometimes I wonder what these Manufactures be thinking. Now this is just my opinion, but this is a horrible design. Lacks.

Really?
I'm loving it - clean yet innovative
I've already ordered mine :-)

Whats your main genre of music?

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 11:53 am
Klaus said:
"I'm not sure if it is a limitation in this case though, or if you get the full pro version, but if Atomix says so, it's probably the way it is
It makes sense, because then you don't just hand out $300 worth of software which is almost half the price of the unit."

In my opinion it's a $599 controller with $300 software = $899 AUD RRP.
The software is the FULL PRO version according to Reloop. And it would want to be for the price tag.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 11:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

I'm not sure Traktor can control screens at all though, so the screen may not be supported in a Traktor mapping

Actually the screen on this controller is part of your desktop.
You can drag the entire Traktor window on it and work, or you can have VirtualDj running on your laptop as usual and drag your DMX software on Touch Screen, or use a skin with detachable browser and drag the browser, or create a window with the sampler and drag only the sampler on it, e.t.c.
You can even drag solitaire and start playing if you are really bored at a gig... :P

Whoa!! The possibilities are endless!! Let's just hope it lives up to the hype and I can get used to those jogs being placed up so high.....

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 12:51 pm
The software is the Full Pro version but can only be exclusively used on that controller.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 1:51 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Sometimes I wonder what these Manufactures be thinking. Now this is just my opinion, but this is a horrible design. Lacks.

Really?
I'm loving it - clean yet innovative
I've already ordered mine :-)

Whats your main genre of music?

Open format Mobile DJ
Basically my thing is to beatmix anything of any genre that is just remotely in the same tempo without the use of effects or samples (only loops, eq and a touch of filter)
That what still makes it fun for me after 25 years - even when playing a corporate gig for 100 people that don't care :)

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 2:51 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
can only be exclusively used on that controller.

Not so. There's a post somewhere around that says it really is a full Pro version (and can be used with other controllers) but it does have a way of checking that you're using it with the Reloop Touch, at least to start with.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:27 pm
Support staff wrote :
Its a pro license for life, with one limitation, it can only be used with a Reloop Touch controller.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:44 pm
Yes, I know what that says - but I have seen another post elsewhere (trying to find it now) that states what I wrote above.

The blurb for this controller states that it's a full Pro license. If it was completely tied to the controller, it would be a Plus license.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 7:00 pm
I remember with the Pioneer SZ the same thing was mentioned, then it was changed that you had to use the controller "now and again" for the licence to activate.

Don't think there was ever a conclusive outcome.

I would be surprised if they would include a fully featured $300 licence on a $600 controller.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 7:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Reloop Touch comes with a Pro Infinity license of VirtualDJ.
All the Pro features are available, including full operation with all supported controllers.
The only limitation is that this license cannot be used from a person who doesn't own a Reloop Touch, as the software may ask for the unit to be connected at some point, e.g. on a clean installation.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 10:24 pm
So in that case if someone who buys the touch, then after a while sells it, the software will not be worth keeping.
BUT, should be sold with the controller. This must mean that the licence is transferable, is that allowed?
Should at least be one or the other, either it is tied to the person or the machine?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 5:33 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Those banks of 4 faders look superb for controlling the VDJ sampler. At the moment I suspect there mapped just to the effects. They could be modified to also control the sampler volume groups. That could be important?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 7:49 am
Yes Bigron1, my thinking exactly... especially if the deck (or sampler?) could be configured into a traktor Remix kind of arrangement.... :-)

Wondering if there is going to be some kind of VDJ update specifically making use of that novel arrangement on a VDJ linked controller launch either in the Sampler/remix department or something else?

Any Atomix Staff here can answer that?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 9:26 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Bigron1 ... will not be a problem . It is MIDI .. you can mapping ;)

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 4:09 pm
Klaus I'll buy your Denon from you after you get this.

I don't like that you still need your laptop with this, why would I tuck a bigger screen away, my laptop is also touch screen and I barely use the touch features.

I don't like how these companies are selling controllers, they should sell a version that does not include the software at a cheaper price for people that already have it. I have full VDJ why would I pay for it again. I want to know the base price without the software.

For the price this should be a standalone mixer

I guess with companies starting to build controllers with hard drive support the price on this will drop real fast! When I seen this initially I thought it would be in the price area of a Mixtrack Platinum

I can't wait to the see some future controllers (also budget ones like the Mixtrack 5, Denon MC6000...), its getting interesting.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 5:55 am
DJDonchino wrote :
Klaus I'll buy your Denon from you after you get this.

My Denon?
But that's not for sale
The Reloop Touch will be the 9th controller that I currently own (I think)
And like I keep telling my wife, I need all of them :)

Anyway...
If you didn't need the laptop you wouldn't need VDJ, and then it wouldn't be a VDJ controller, but instead just a stand-alone box with some simple internal firmware to make it run
Like an old CDJ where you cant really do anything, can't change anything, can't add anything new, can't map anything, can't script anything
That's certainly not for me - I'd be bored to death :)

Posted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 8:02 am
Kenny Speed wrote :
Phantom DeeJay Wrote:
"Actually the screen on this controller is part of your desktop.
You can even drag solitaire and start playing if you are really bored at a gig... :P"

That's awesome, because I'm thinking the 7" screen is too small for everything to be on there.
I'd likely split it with the browser on my laptop and the 4 decks and samples on the 7", or something like that?

Wow nice, didn't know about this piece.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 9:10 am
Are the custom skins and layouts from the controller going to be generally available?

Reason I ask is that I have a GPD Pocket arriving today and it has a 7" touch screen and I intend to use it to run VDJ exclusively on my smaller pub gigs along with a DJ2go2

Posted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 9:55 am
34%