Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark DJ2Go2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2017/08/numarks-dj2go2-tiny-serato-dj-controller/

Been waiting for something like this that's really small, compact, cheap and most importantly....has a built in sound card and can be connected to speakers. For those of us that do mobile events and weddings, this is the perfect back up solution in case of issues with our main gig gear. Could even connect it to a tablet or small netbook with VDJ, keep it off to the side, and you'll be all set with any issues that may come up in an emergency.

Hopefully VDJ can get it mapped and natively supported quickly when it hits the market.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 1:48 pm
From the Numark website:
"You can also map the DJ2Go 2 with other popular DJ software"

So I guess it isn't locked like a lot of new controllers (which then need to be reverse engineered before yoy can map them to other software)

It might be a nice (and cheap) learning experience to buy one as soon as it comes out, and see if I can figure out how to map it to VDJ from scratch :)

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 1:57 pm
I have the first version and absolutely love it!! I take it every where I go! Hell on long road trips I plug the aux cord in and mix from the back seat.

I'll definitely switch to the newer one after I sell the older model.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 3:15 pm
Oh no, they've taken away the pitch bend buttons!

Good news on the audio interface, but I would rather have had EQ (something the original was missing) than pads. I suppose they could be mapped to nudge the bass & treble up/down...

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 4:27 pm
Are the jogs touch sensitive this time?? Can't find that info yet.

That was really my only gripe with the original.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 6:41 pm
Hopefully, I can use Djay pro with this controller and my iPad mini. Would be a nice little setup to move around the city with.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 1:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Numark DJ2GO2 will be officially supported very soon

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 3:05 pm
Bob are the jogs touch sensitive??

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 3:14 pm
I use this one as a back up and when I do guest spots in a club. It is natively supported by VDJ. Never had an issue and it works flawlessly. I just use the pitch sliders on the screen. Whats funny is the other Djs would laugh at me but after I mix they scratch there heads. LOL

https://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-edge

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 3:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

No

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 3:19 pm
is it better than pioneer
though I mean really think about it guys

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 4:15 pm
Does it actually matter though? I mean really think about it.

Pioneer don't make a controller this small & basic. Even if they did, it'd be three or four times the price.

I'm perfectly happy to buy a product from whoever makes it, if it does what I need. I'm not a brand snob.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 4:22 pm
iommmmmmmmmm wrote :
is it better than pioneer
though I mean really think about it guys

Doesnt matter. Most people who buy a super compact and small controller like the DJ2Go or DJ2Go2 wont use it as their main equipment. It's to be used as a backup in case of main equipment failure to get you through the gig, used as something to prepare tracks before a gig, used for a small event (house party, car ride, etc) or just as something fun to mess around with in your spare time. Even could be used as a stocking stuffer during Christmas for a young kid who wants to get into DJing.

The point is, Pioneer makes larger controllers for those who are bit more serious with their events and gigs. This Numark one is not meant for those purposes. Apples and oranges....

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 7:40 pm
djdad wrote :

No

We'll cancel that purchase then......

Posted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 10:23 pm
Are you sure they are not touch sensitive? Please let them be touch sensitive. It's what stopped me getting the Party mix. I don't expect to scratch on that but would like the song to stop when I touch them and not move them. And I thought Serato was very picky with the controllers they mapped/allowed. Maybe that's a thing of the past. And I wanted a backup/toy/messing about controller.... Will have to wait and see what the mapping for Hercules Instinct P8 is going to be like. Not as small as the dj2go2 but has mechanical jogs at least.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 3:32 pm

I'll definitely switch to the newer one after I sell the older model.

How much you gonna get for the old one lol.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 17 @ 6:06 pm
I have ordered DJ2Go2, it's shipped and will arrive this monday. Curious if VDJ has already support implemented? Or will I have to wait?

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 8:56 am
Sound&Silence wrote :
I have ordered DJ2Go2, it's shipped and will arrive this monday. Curious if VDJ has already support implemented? Or will I have to wait?

It's on the "Coming Soon (not supported yet)" list when you check supported controllers
So you'll probably have to wait for at little bit :-)

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 9:30 am
Ohhh... Well... I will then caress and polish it until I can use it.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 10:10 am
Sound&Silence wrote :
Ohhh... Well... I will then caress and polish it until I can use it.

:-D
Sometimes Atomix likes to get test help when you buy brand-new controllers that's not supported yet
But in this case I think they are all over it

Posted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:34 am
27%