Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Korg Nanokontrol2 mapping looks correct, not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xDkaphxPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi,

I have been using a Numark MTP3, working ok, and wanted to add a second controller (Korg Nanokontrol2) to control effects. Downloaded the mapper files, put them in the appropriate places, but when I plug it in and select it, it controls the effect on both decks all the time, with all channels and knobs, and the buttons seem to have no effect at all, although the mapping I downloaded from here looks correct.

Any body had similar or can explain why this might happen?

Thanks

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 2:05 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which mapping files have you downloaded ? Could you provide the link to check the files ?
In the version 8 Addons page i only see NanoKontrol, not NanoKontrol2, so not sure if its the same files we are talking about.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 2:26 am

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 2:44 am
The 3rd icon on that page downloads a zip file in which there is a Readme.txt file and a data file you need to load with Korg Editor. Have you done this part ?

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 11:21 am
Sharp eyes I'll have a bash and get back to you.

Thanks

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 2:14 pm
DId the extra steps and still no joy.

It's weird. The buttons aren't being acknowledged at all, and the faders and knobs all control which ever effect is pre loaded on the decks, simultaneously. So if i put slider 1-8 up while flange is on 1 and phaser is on 2, both effects levels will come up, and the knob effects the rate/range of both effects at the same time.

Apart from channel strip 5 which does nothing.

I have it working with a different program (DMXIS) perfectly, but strangely not for VDJ8

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 5:05 pm
Sent you a PM.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 2:36 am
Big thanks to xDkaphx for his cooperation. Korg NanoKontrol2 will be officially supported in a upcoming Build.

Posted Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 8:31 pm
Hola que tal
hace unos dias empece a usar virtual Dj y cuando lo empece a mapear a mi controlador ( nanoKONTROL2) al finalizar el mapeo note que solo se asignaba a un solo deck
y no a ambos y no me da la opcion de 1 y 2
Ustedes conocedores... no saben como puedo solucionar el problema ?
muchas gracias

Posted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 11:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)