Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best setup for VDJ remote (proven functionality) - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, just finished testing TeamViewer.

PROS:
- TV works with display duplication (HDMI to HDMI x2) or splitter adapters (like Matrox Triple2Go)
- TV let's you make the pointer on the remote PC invisible (good for touch interface controllers like a Android tablet)
- TV gives you full 10-point touch control (even if the remote PC doesn't support touch)
- TV can be used without an Internet connection over LAN (Ad Hoc)

CONS:
- TV clutters the screen with an on-screen keyboard icon and an icon for the TV interface
- TV Android client needs you to enter the IP address and password everytime you connect

No news yet from Splashtop or Matrox.

I'll tacle the VNC option now.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 11:31 am
I tried SplashTop one more time before checking out the VNC softwares, now that TeamViewer showed me that everything (multi-touch, multiple displays, no mouse cursor) was possible, and lo and behold: SplashTop now also accepts multiple displays through the Matrox adapter!

SplashTop

PROS:
- can connect (selecting PC from list) without having to type in credentials

CONS:
- have to use older version (v.1) to be able to connect without Internet
- screen not as crisp as Team Viewer
- remote PC mouse cursor can not be hidden, even if remote-controlling from touch device (tablet)
- on-screen keyboard access icon clutters screen
- more lag than TeamViewer

Posted Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 1:00 pm
It's good you've looked in to this however your requirements seem to be very specific and you are difficult to please. I have learned after all these years that nothing is perfect and I can't be bothered to spend hours and hours digging to find out any more.

I'm sure 99.9% of people are happy just to use the VDJ remote app as it is.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 1:21 pm
You're right, of course...
:)

VNC is way over my head. I'll stick with Connectify and TeamPlayer. But as you said, that's just a personal preference.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 6:51 pm
Since I DJ in a lot of places that don't have wifi or cellular signal, I tried several times to create an Adhoc network in Windows 8.1 without success. I had an old Belkin Wifi Router laying around so after some tinkering, I was able to connect my phone and computer to it's wifi signal. However, I was unable to get the VDJ Remote to work when security was enabled. Without security enabled it connects just fine.

Any ideas on this one. Should I even worry about securing the connection with a password?

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 10:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)