Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark party mix help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MacBook Pro 13-inch Laptop (Intel Dual Core i5 2.5 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, OS X Yosemite)
Vdj v8.2 b3696

Just got a numark party mix and everything works. But when I scratch or do anything to stop the music with the jog wheel, it takes like 1 second to start again. It doesn't have an instant start like a real turntable. Even after a scratch and pushing the jog wheel forward, the song will pause for 1 second then continue to play and it's annoying. plus when I hold the platter to stop a song it holds for about 2sec then plays again while I'm still holding it. Anyone no how to fix this problem

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 2:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Partymix jogwheels are not touch-sensitive, so they "scratch"/move the track (in Vunyl mode), only when the wheel is moved. So, even if you release the jog and push forward, the track will stop "scratching" only when it completely stops.

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 2:59 pm

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 4:01 pm
I completely understood what you were saying, but probably i was not clear enough. As long as the Partymix jogwheels move (even slightly), they will "scratch"/move the track. The playback will resume as soon as the jogwheels completely stop, regardless the direction you are moving those.
The "instant start like a real turntable" you are looking for , will not happen with the Partymix, since the software doesnt know that you released the jog. It just sees that it still moves.

You can try the touchwheelspinThreshold setting to a lower value, but not sure if that will help, since that applies mostly for touch-sensitive jogs.

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 5:04 pm
Part of the reason why there's a slight pause is latency. This causes a delay between your actions and the computer's reaction (the sound).

Professional audio interfaces use ASIO to eliminate or reduce this delay to acceptable levels.

The Numark Party Mix just uses the standard computer audio driver, so the latency will always be there.

The other reason has already been explained by djdad.

If you want professional performance, you have to buy professional equipment :-)

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 5:12 pm
Also for non-sensitive jogwheels, i would disable Vinyl/Scratch mode and allow the jogs to operate in CD mode. Keep in mind that even with a slight jog movement and without you touching anything (e.g. working in a very loud environment with vibrations probably from a sub-woofer) could cause the deck to momentary stop.

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 5:17 pm
Thanks guys for your help with this I really appreciate it.
@djdad I didn't mean any offence saying u didn't understand I just put the link up so u can see my problem I hear what your saying about the party mix not being able to do what I'm asking so I'm just gonna try the threshold setting and see what happens thanks again.

@groovindj yea I thought it was a latency problem I was just hoping someone could have been able to point me in the right direction on how to sort that out. Can't we bypass the computers audio driver some how? Guess not. I liked your little dig about equipment lol. I've got another controller which I use for gigs jus bought partymix for the portability/size/fun factor :-)

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 8:30 pm
Yeah, you could in theory use a pro audio interface instead of the Partymix one. Kind of defeats the object though. Might as well just buy a better controller!

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 8:33 pm
Na I just won't use the jog wheel for scratching I'll use it in CD mode.. I've got another controller already imma stick with this u get what you pay for I guess lol

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 9:01 pm
Damn, just got the party mix and found out about this the heard way lol
Like partymixx said.. you get what you pay for.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 6:08 pm
It happens with VJ18 but now with other software programs. Why is that? When I use a competitors DJ software it doesn't lags at all....

Posted Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 4:24 pm
McDoc71PRO InfinityMember since 2017
Trying to figure out how to adjust the BPM "bump" buttons. I know they are in the MixLab3 skin - not sure if they are in other skins.

I'm not talking about the temporary +/- "bend" at the bottom of the BPM slider . . . but rather on my MixLab skin - there are 3 small buttons off to the side of the BPM slider where the middle one brings the track slowly back to its natural BPM and is labeled "BPM Reset" - but the top or bottom "bump" the temp slightly into a permanent new BPM to edge it up or down slightly.

Well - slightly is the problem . . . in my older version of VDJ (6) it would "bump" the tempo up or down by 1/2 a beat . . . but in VDJ8 - it moves it like 5 bpm at a time. I want to figure out how to set the value of the "bump" to a much smaller %.

Thank you in Advance for your help.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 1:39 pm
Why have you posted in this thread?

You have also asked the same question elsewhere and been given a reply.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 1:41 pm
McDoc71PRO InfinityMember since 2017
I'm new to this board - was typing it here in the Mixlab thread from a desktop - and I may have also typed it from the laptop when I was looking at the skin trying to see if the buttons were labeled. . . . .just trying to figure it out.

EDIT: yes - I posted it under the correct thread about the Mixlab Skin . . . this thread is probably the wrong place.

But the answer there is not quite what I'm looking for . . .

Posted Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)