Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hard Drive Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey there!

I am new to using VDJ - I have content unlimited for music and karaoke. VDJ8 will read my external hard drive and show the folders/songs. When I load them onto a deck it says error. The files are all fine, when I put them onto my computer they load and play perfectly. I am wondering if my hard drive isn't good enough or my machine is a bit older. I do have a USB 2.0. Other than that I'm not sure what specs will be needed.

Thanks in advance!

-Dan

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 2:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, you have a Folder from your Ext Drive selected at the left side (Folders) and without using Search, some (or all) tracks provide Error when loaded to a Deck ?

Or maybe you have a Playlist selected from Folders or use Search ?

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 9:32 am
You should try yo run vdj in adm. Mode... Or... Use supporting musics like mp3,wav, etc.

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 9:54 am
djdad wrote :
So, you have a Folder from your Ext Drive selected at the left side (Folders) and without using Search, some (or all) tracks provide Error when loaded to a Deck ?

Or maybe you have a Playlist selected from Folders or use Search ?

I use search when looking for something specific, it would be way to much otherwise. All tracks from the left side read error, yes.

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 12:32 pm
rockboy7143 wrote :
You should try yo run vdj in adm. Mode... Or... Use supporting musics like mp3,wav, etc.

I'll try that and see if it makes a difference. Not saying that it won't but why would that? ALl of the music I use is MP3, the same music transferred onto my computers hard drive works fine. They are supported files.

Thanks!

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 12:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Right-click on a track that provides error and choose to open the file in Tag Editor. Then check the file path and see if the track indeed is in the provided location.

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 11:11 pm
why is it I can't open my music list on my virtual dj from my usb drive?

Posted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 5:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)