Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Guy's

I understand all the laws going on with streaming. But why is it i find all the tracks i need on pulselocker? I typed in Eddie Santiago in unlimited and got a big 0 files. Mean while in pulselocker over 50. Which so you think i going to start using? I'm with virtual dj a long time, this is a bad problem.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 8:20 pm
OK..... but Pulselocker is twice the price of Content Unlimited.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 8:48 pm
Of course we spent the last month in discussion with all our partners involved to find an alternative solution.
Unfortunately it is not so easy to make the labels understand that not all DJs are big-club residents who only play the same 50 tracks, but that the majority of DJs actually play in wedding, barmitzvah, proms, etc.
Anyway, we are finally coming up with some solutions, and we will make some changes in the coming weeks to bring back more oldies and hard-to-find content into netSearch.

I have used VDJ through channels that are considered exempt from infringement. However, I have been trying to go live, and haven't because of this issue causing violations, so I appreciate your work on this. However, I was looking to buy a license to allow myself to livestream, but I felt as if I was getting double charged for the "use rights", when I believed that your content had an umbrella. I have been working on my own solution for a couple of months, but unaware (as you know) that you were working under your conditions. Question: Am I able to live stream now from our music bank without casing any "copyright" issues? Will this also include video streaming? I have been determined to resolve this myself by contacting licensors. I just want to know if I can stop pursuing the right to use the music you provide now?

Thanks for what you do!
Jeremy

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 8:56 pm
So am i understanding they have been charging us for a service they knew was not working. Or was less than advertised.. all the while not telling anyone... and the Attorneys knew about this and said sure its a good idea! nay a great idea!!.. Keep the money coming in ..... they will never know ....

Will you issue a refund for no service? Partial or full? You got the money... So what all we get is less service? If your going to be like that you should just bump the price and and make it even better for you. All the while we get the shaft end. Feelin the love now! Thanks!

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 4:45 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had my bank account hacked which caused me to cancel my CU subscription for a short while. I sorted things out, and am glad to see CU audio working on my laptop.
Thank you Atomix..CU helped me to do well over the weekend.

Question:
Is there any point in having CU audio if you have CU video?
I find the video a little expensive but believe it's a future "must have".

It should be noted that Internet connections in the UK are improving.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 4:01 pm
The state of Content Unlimited sucks right now! It was all good until recently...I mean, why should I pay for a subscription when I have to use other means to get the songs I need. If I'm doing a gig or need content for my radio show podcast, I can do what I've been doing and save the money I spend on a service that barely exists! The really sick part is that you guys didn't even make us aware of the minimal content you have available! I recommended VDJ & Content Unlimited (you should change the name now) to many of my associates. They'll now be looking at me all 14 karat crazy because the content is limited! I want my money back!!!

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 12:11 am
DjKrazyIan wrote :
So am i understanding they have been charging us for a service they knew was not working.

No... Content Unlimited has been working all along
Netsearch hasn't been working - but that was a free add-on, so you haven't been paying for that

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 1:33 pm
DJ Icy J wrote :
The state of Content Unlimited sucks right now! It was all good until recently...I mean, why should I pay for a subscription when I have to use other means to get the songs I need. If I'm doing a gig or need content for my radio show podcast, I can do what I've been doing and save the money I spend on a service that barely exists! The really sick part is that you guys didn't even make us aware of the minimal content you have available! I recommended VDJ & Content Unlimited (you should change the name now) to many of my associates. They'll now be looking at me all 14 karat crazy because the content is limited! I want my money back!!!

Content Unlimited has been working all along - and it has always been clearly marked what comes from Content Unlimited (red icons)
Netsearch (purple icons) hasn't been working - but that was a free add-on, so you haven't been paying for that
So I don't think you have a case
But you can always try raising a ticket. Who knows - maybe Atomix will give you something back anyway

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 1:36 pm
Time to cancel my subscription because the whole reason CU is/was so great is because of Netsearch, period!!

I know its not Atomixs fault but damn we lost a thing here......

So long Netsearch, it was great while it lasted.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 4:29 pm
See how easy that was?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:54 pm
How easy what was??

I'm easily confused ;-p

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:57 pm
You didn't like the service, so you cancelled your subscription. Easy and simple.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 6:00 pm
Well duh, lmao!!

Its that how life works? If you don't like it, you either get rid of it or fix it and since I can't fix this ill get rid of it for now and check back when they've figured something out to replace Netsearch.

Any tracks that are on CU I personally feel most DJs will already those, its all the other stuff we wont, lmao!!

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 6:06 pm
You have to spend some money to make some money. You can't get the moon, or in this case every song in the history of the world, for $9.95 a month; even with plus tax!

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 6:55 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Well duh, lmao!!

Its that how life works? If you don't like it, you either get rid of it or fix it and since I can't fix this ill get rid of it for now and check back when they've figured something out to replace Netsearch.

Any tracks that are on CU I personally feel most DJs will already those, its all the other stuff we wont, lmao!!

Yep, it's just that simple.

Although we live in a different time, it has always been the same for me. I have had to pay for my music. I have been paying for content, for 49 years, in order to be a DJ. I could not go into a record store and steal records, tapes, CDs, videos, or anything else. I had to pay for it. It cost a great deal more than $10.00 a month. I paid $10.00 or more for an import 12". There is no way I could do what I do for $10.00 a month, and be dependent on someone else.

I don't know you personally, and we don't always agree with each other. However, I have seen what you do, and know that you do not depend on anyone else to do what has to be done. That is give the client what they paid you for. You spend the money, and continue to make money. I miss Netsearch, but that was never that big of a deal for me. It was just easier to get the way out there track. Now that it's gone I just have to work a little harder.

This is a big boy (or girl) sport. The only one you can depend on is yourself. When you hire me, I have what you want. No excuses, I have it or will get it. I believe you work the same way.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 7:03 pm
All this grumbling has got me puzzled. What we pay is so little, and the CU audio service fulfilled my needs, so I'm happy.
CU audio costs little more than loose change, or a couple of drinks.
What's the problem?
Subscribe if you want..my problem is knowing if CU video is worth the upgrade?

I might shortly give myself a Xmas present, and try CU video!
That might be around £55 in the UK.

Another thing..it's so easy to subscribe, or stop a subscription, its just no big deal (maybe £55 is when money is tight).

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 10:18 pm
I can't see a problem with getting CU video at the beginning of December, then canceling the subscription at the beginning of January, then resuming it when work picks up later in the new year?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 10:39 pm
Honestly Ron you'd be better off spending that money on the actual video pool, plus the videos are yours forever.

I know that sounds bad and we all wanna support VDJ and the Atomix staff but as you've said yourself it is a nice amount of money. Plus your only leasing them.

I myself sometimes will load up a play lists and just let the videos play as background music at home. Once you cancel you will no longer have the videos.

Just some food for thought is all.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 11:24 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I couln't help it.
I had to do it...

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 2:39 pm
joemetzHome userMember since 2014
You can say that the add ons to your service were free and try to justify still charging the same price but the fact remains that CU is not what it used to be. Perhaps you should try charging less for a product that has become less. This is a huge problem for you. I've been renting VJ but was thinking of going ahead and just buying it. Now instead I think I need to look at other products that sync with their DJ platform as well as VJ and CU used to.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 2:55 pm
41%