Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thanks. For the record I think your customer support is very good...

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 10:50 pm
If I showed you my support tickets, you would agree that it's horrible support. Yes I've been to the DMV and it's a lovely experience. I'd sit there for hours over this mess. What I would like to know is why does it work in VDJ7 but not 8? Why can they have netsearch there but not in 8 anymore?

Also search Justin Timberlake and you will see that there are NONE of his songs. Just songs that are featuring him. Try searching "Can't stop the feeling". It's his most popular song right now and there are ZERO results for it, not even a remix.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 3:41 am
I have to agree with DJDave in regards to support. I've submitted 4 questions since last Thursday and none have solved my issue. 2 of them were the EXACT same answer word for word including the artist they suggested I enter in the search box. I feel like the answers are computer generated, and their basically telling me I'm an idiot! I also have VDJ7 Pro, but I don't get a single result when entering the Artist name or the Song name!! I used the same songs you guys suggested above! I had a big gig Saturday night and my worst fear was realized when I got a request and couldn't produce the song...Fully PAID subscription, but not 1 result...Just a blank screen!! Very frustrating! I haven't read any others having my scenario...have any of you?

Thanks...

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 5:49 am
oneprodj wrote :
I have to agree with DJDave in regards to support. I've submitted 4 questions since last Thursday and none have solved my issue. 2 of them were the EXACT same answer word for word including the artist they suggested I enter in the search box. I feel like the answers are computer generated, and their basically telling me I'm an idiot! I also have VDJ7 Pro, but I don't get a single result when entering the Artist name or the Song name!! I used the same songs you guys suggested above! I had a big gig Saturday night and my worst fear was realized when I got a request and couldn't produce the song...Fully PAID subscription, but not 1 result...Just a blank screen!! Very frustrating! I haven't read any others having my scenario...have any of you?

Thanks...

Ditto!
It would have been nice for them to just tell me 'that they are having legal issues at this time', Instead of the same crappy answer I got for five questions I submitted! How many subscribers do you think they have a month? I also subscribe to the video as well, so basically $60 a month. Nice little take for not delivering much.
Through the years I have done nothing but talk up this system. This will end if this is not fixed soon. Very poor business!
Does anyone know if 3398 works for sure? For anyone that can answer this, Thanks for the only support I would have gotten in a month.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:54 pm
Atomix is a company dealing with customers in every country in the world. If I look at the users in my area there are hundreds on the map. If all these customers needed customer support once in a month the number would be overwhelming, and that is just in my small area. Now look at all those people and more than not are unlicensed users. No money is being made off of them (excepting maybe some ads on their software). When I was a no license user I dealt with support three times and was very happy with them. One issue took two months to resolve but they kept in touch and tried explain the situation to me so I could understand. I am not a computer guy and I am old! As far as Content Unlimited goes I believe that a company dealing with laws from almost every country in the world is wise to say nothing until they are assured they are safe to speak up. Atomix made their statement and how they are working to resolve it. If a customer does not accept the statement then that is fine. As a small company doing business all around the world and making their product available to anybody for the asking, they are doing a pretty good job.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 5:06 pm
sclavel wrote :
sclavel wrote :
fallguy66 wrote :
Then I just searched for Rhianna and I did not get the songs listed as your search produced. I got mostly feats.

I do agree with you, that one would expect that a search for just "Rhianna" should show first the most popular songs from Rhianna, not featuring first.
Unfortunately, the search is not done by VirtualDJ, it's done by the content provider, we do not control their search algorithm.
Nonetheless, I will reach out to our partner and see if there is any way they could improve their search algorithm to avoid this problem.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Just got the word back from iDJPool, they'll change their search algorithm to fix this. (and it should be in effect in just a few days)

Ok, this has been fixed now.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 8:55 am
Hey,

Has anyone experienced this? My issue seems to be very isolated to me from what I'm reading here in this forum. I would be thrilled to just see ANY result after typing in an Artist or Song Title, but I continually get absolutely NOTHING!! I still have VDJ7.4 Pro, but I click to open Content Unlimited, the drop down menu includes Search Audio, Search Video, Search Karaoke, Search NetSearch, Show downloaded content. When I click on Audio, Powered by Grooveshark appears in the Search box. I then type in an Artist or Song title and immediately on the right hand side of the screen about midway it reads "NetSearch looking for songs". It never produces one result! The screen remains blank with ZERO results!! It's like Content Unlimited isn't working AT ALL! NetSearch starts looking right away! When I click on both Video and Karaoke, I do get the 30 second clips as the "pop up" box informs me showing up in the Search results area. What am I doing wrong??!!! Another DJ mentioned it worked fine with his VDJ7, but not VDJ8. Now I'm reluctant to try the upgrade. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just received my 5th Support Team "canned answer" that again was identical word for word of the previous answer, which merely apologized and referred me to this forum. I feel I'm about to get "raked over the coals" again this weekend...

Thanks,

oneprodj

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 4:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
oneprodj wrote :
I still have VDJ7.4 Pro, ....., Powered by Grooveshark appears in the Search box.

Update to v7.4.7, groveshark went under ages ago.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 5:49 am
Should I just go straight up to VDJ8.1 and quit messin' around with 7? What do you guys think?

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 7:29 am
Yes. Current builds are very good.

But be aware Netsearch doesn't work at present due to being removed.

Try 7.4.7 first to see if that brings back all your functionality.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 7:37 am
I am still getting zero results when searching content unlimited, I can go to Genius and it lists songs but when I click on them to search I get zero results. Something is just not right. You should be giving us our money back for this.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 3:33 pm
I get results in both VDJ 7.4.7 and 8.2 build 3471. Are you sure that your search options are set correctly? I have it set to search CU even when I have local results...

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 4:00 pm
oneprodj wrote :
Hey,

Has anyone experienced this? My issue seems to be very isolated to me from what I'm reading here in this forum. I would be thrilled to just see ANY result after typing in an Artist or Song Title, but I continually get absolutely NOTHING!! I still have VDJ7.4 Pro, but I click to open Content Unlimited, the drop down menu includes Search Audio, Search Video, Search Karaoke, Search NetSearch, Show downloaded content. When I click on Audio, Powered by Grooveshark appears in the Search box. I then type in an Artist or Song title and immediately on the right hand side of the screen about midway it reads "NetSearch looking for songs". It never produces one result! The screen remains blank with ZERO results!! It's like Content Unlimited isn't working AT ALL! NetSearch starts looking right away! When I click on both Video and Karaoke, I do get the 30 second clips as the "pop up" box informs me showing up in the Search results area. What am I doing wrong??!!! Another DJ mentioned it worked fine with his VDJ7, but not VDJ8. Now I'm reluctant to try the upgrade. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just received my 5th Support Team "canned answer" that again was identical word for word of the previous answer, which merely apologized and referred me to this forum. I feel I'm about to get "raked over the coals" again this weekend...

Thanks,

oneprodj

i too have been getting little to no results. i am searching this morning and getting nothing. I have been having this issue for weeks and i was just charged again for a service that does not work? Can i please have my money back? I can re join when you get me back to having access to up to 15 million songs again.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 4:50 pm
shorenerve wrote :
I am still getting zero results when searching content unlimited, I can go to Genius and it lists songs but when I click on them to search I get zero results. Something is just not right. You should be giving us our money back for this.

Are you sure you are not simply searching for tracks that are not part of Content Unlimited?.
Content Unlimited has mostly newer content

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 10:20 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
shorenerve wrote :

Are you sure you are not simply searching for tracks that are not part of Content Unlimited?.
Content Unlimited has mostly newer content

Klaus,

I have to chime in here again. Once again, I have VDJ7.4 PRO (Full), and I fully understand that NetSearch is no longer working. You keep stating that NetSearch doesn't work (ok....) but Content Unlimited does (not in my program). My settings allow all possible ways to search, yet I don't get a one single "CONTENT UNLIMITED" result!! I search for Rhianna by name and song titles you guys say it will hit on...NOTHING!! I do the same with Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks, Madonna, Beyonce, Calvin Harris, Lady Gaga!!! NOTHING! ZIP!! NADDA!!! Maybe these aren't big enough artist names! Content Unlimited isn't working, and the "Dedicated Support Representative" can only send me computer generated "Canned" answers!! I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me...I'm searching World Renowned Artists by name and song titles and NOT getting ANYTHING!! It's like I'm not even signed up for the subscription! Although in the Config. Internet tab it reads...Connected - Content Unlimited access (audio). What's the real problem here?!?!

Posted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 12:37 am
oneprodj wrote :
Once again, I have VDJ7.4 PRO (Full), and I fully understand that NetSearch is no longer working.

Between build 7.4 AND 7.4.7 THERE WAS A CHANGE to Content Unlimited it went from grooveshark to the current idjpool or what ever its called. you will get zero search results unless u have the latest 7.4.7 .. you can get that from the licensees page in your profile -> http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

Posted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 1:02 am
wickedmix wrote :
oneprodj wrote :
Once again, I have VDJ7.4 PRO (Full), and I fully understand that NetSearch is no longer working.

Between build 7.4 AND 7.4.7 THERE WAS A CHANGE to Content Unlimited it went from grooveshark to the current idjpool or what ever its called. you will get zero search results unless u have the latest 7.4.7 .. you can get that from the licensees page in your profile -> http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

THANK YOU BRO!!

Now that's the kind of help I was looking for with a clear and simple explanation! Can't wait to see if it works!! Thanks again wickedmix!! :) :)

Posted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 1:48 am
sclavel wrote :
sclavel wrote :
sclavel wrote :
[quote=fallguy66]Then I just searched for Rhianna and I did not get the songs listed as your search produced. I got mostly feats.

I do agree with you, that one would expect that a search for just "Rhianna" should show first the most popular songs from Rhianna, not featuring first.
Unfortunately, the search is not done by VirtualDJ, it's done by the content provider, we do not control their search algorithm.
Nonetheless, I will reach out to our partner and see if there is any way they could improve their search algorithm to avoid this problem.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Just got the word back from iDJPool, they'll change their search algorithm to fix this. (and it should be in effect in just a few days)

Ok, this has been fixed now.

as someone that has been educated on the music industry i know how unreasonable people can be in that business, i hope you get it figured out

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 7:56 am
ArundellControlleristMember since 2014
I am having very similar problems. Searches just produce no results at all, or very few, or not the track requested, even for very well known artists and/or tracks. I have been a subscriber since the Grooveshark days and yes, that outage was hugely embarrassing. However, when the service came up again with new suppliers, it was as good. Now it is hopeless. The clue to what was sold to us is in the name "unlimited". This is not what is being delivered, even with a huge allowance for marketing exaggeration. Yes, I have a huge catalogue of tracks on three 1tb drives, from 40 years of DJing, but even that doesn't cover everything in a world which allows customers to access any track they like through their phone, old or new. The demands of the public are greater than they once were when I lugged around a 7 1/2 tonne truck of vinyl.
I also got instructions on how to use the service I had been using for years when I raised a ticket. Not acceptable. I appreciate that there may be legal problems and also that Atomix may be restricted in commenting in some areas. I would expect a business like response of some kind though. I do not expect a denial that there is a problem or that it is a serious, almost total withdrawal of the service. I would also expect a proportional reduction in fees, until such time as the service returns to the level at which it was sold and advertised.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
and you're breaking the EULA by performing commercially under a controller licence.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:44 pm
28%