Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is anyone else having issues with content unlimited? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

user8955856 wrote :
I searched for Rihanna just for fun and the search return came back with 201 songs all "f. Rihanna" I guess she doesn;t have any of her own songs.

I just tested this in b3409 (latest public version where netsearch doesn't work), and I think it's just because the list stops after a certain amount of results. I tried "Rihanna umbrella" and got lots of tracks from Content Unlimited

Michael Jackson also gives me lots of tracks from Content Unlimited:

"Mungo Jerry" gives me nothing because that all came from Netsearch, which is not currently available in newer builds

So to me it still looks like CU is working fine, and only Netsearch is not working

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 4:52 am
dragon19114 wrote :
So long story short: will netsearch be added again in the next update (apparently there's a lot of demand for it) or is it scrapped for all future new builds?

Thanks everyone for all your answers!

I think only the dev team knows this

But it may make sense not to bring it back, because it only gives you unvalidated/low quality free net content from places like Youtube, and people have been complaining that they "couldn't trust the Content Unlimited content" when actually it was the free Netsearch content they couldn't trust, but few knew the difference

If only Content Unlimited is kept it will better match the other options in the marked like Serato with Pulselocker

But again... I think we will have to wait until the dev team tells us what the plan is

Until then we can choose to run the latest public version and only get Content Unlimited content (which is based on iDJPool)
Or we can choose to downgrade and still have Netsearch - but this is of course not a long time solution

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:02 am
klausmogensen wrote :
agudsound wrote :
I can't get "content unlimited" to work...can't pull up tunes on search netsearch even with internet connection confirmed.

Content Unlimited and Netsearch are 2 different things

Content Unlimited is the content you pay for, and the tracks are normally marked in red
Netsearch is the free unvalidated content that is grabbed from around the net, and is normally marked in purple

Content Unlimited currently works
Netsearch does not work in builds 3409 and above

Thanks, I went back to build 3398 and everything is back to normal.
If someone buys a product they expect everything in that product to work. Some people are saying that netsearch is a free add on thing, but I feel like it is part of the program that I bought. If I buy a new car that comes with air conditioning and I find out that it don't work I would be mad also. In the clubs I use Serato, but I love virtual DJ for weddings and parties and I depend on content unlimited and netsearch to have some of the older or odd ball request. I am not mad that it is not working, however I am mad on how they are responding to people.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:16 am
tims1111 wrote :
Thanks, I went back to build 3398 and everything is back to normal.
If someone buys a product they expect everything in that product to work. Some people are saying that netsearch is a free add on thing, but I feel like it is part of the program that I bought. If I buy a new car that comes with air conditioning and I find out that it don't work I would be mad also. In the clubs I use Serato, but I love virtual DJ for weddings and parties and I depend on content unlimited and netsearch to have some of the older or odd ball request. I am not mad that it is not working, however I am mad on how they are responding to people.

That's a fair point

But I'm pretty sure that Atomix/VDJ has made a point of telling everybody that Netsearch is/was "As-Is" free add-on content, because they know that they can't charge for stuff that is just grabbed from the net with no verification, and nobody knows how long it will be available. For instance if Youtube changes something on their servers a lot of the Netsearch content disappears, because VDJ can't load it. This has happened in the past

But I totally agree with you in that it would be nice to get an official statement instead of having users like me running around trying to test and verify and assume and explain what we think is happening :)

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:24 am
Without NetSearch, I will pretty much have no choice but to switch to Serato & Pulselocker (Given I use a Numark NS7, there is an argument to be made that I should be using Serato anyway, but I prefer VDJ). Perfect example, I am working a wedding this weekend with 10 special, 1-off, requests. Here is how things stack up: Content Unlimited: 1 song, Pulselocker: 8 songs. Given my past experience, Content Unlimited with NetSearch would have given me a usable copy of ALL 10 SONGS, which is why I was paying for Virtual DJ and Content Unlimited in the first place! (If I wanted to buy every track I needed for every wedding gig I would still be using Mixxx)

Just for kicks, I checked all the songs I had to hunt for last weekend, which was the first weekend that I no longer had NetSearch, 19 of 20 had good, solid, usable copies on Pulselocker.

Yes, I could go back to an older build, but frankly I am a little too aggravated by how Atomix is handling this to keep giving them money.

My subscriptions just renewed, so I will have the ability to continue to check things for the next month, and I have a two week trial of Serato and Pulselocker, so I can do an honest evaluation of which gives me more bang for the buck.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 3:31 pm
Why are Atomix not updating everyone on this?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 3:39 pm
Just tried searching for Neil Diamond, Solitary Man. I get no results on either content unlimited or netsearch. Just an example.

Just reinstalled V 3398 and all is good, tried one of the early release versions (3420) but that did not work.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 4:45 pm
djdkal4326 wrote :
Just tried searching for Neil Diamond, Solitary Man. I get no results on either content unlimited or netsearch. Just an example.

Nope. Content Unlimited doesn't have everything.

For Neil Diamond the tracks below are available:

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:06 pm
Went back to Build 3398 and all seems well.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:08 pm
None of his popular ones. That says it all. What a joke of a service.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:09 pm
SamLippert wrote :

My subscriptions just renewed, so I will have the ability to continue to check things for the next month, and I have a two week trial of Serato and Pulselocker, so I can do an honest evaluation of which gives me more bang for the buck.

That'll be interesting.
When I tested Pullocker a few months back it had next to nothing, and lot of the content it had was cover versions or live versions. And if you check the Serato forums almost everyone gives Pulselocker a bad review
But I'm looking forward to your comparison between Pulselocker and Content Unlimited in a few weeks - Pulselocker may have improved :-)

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:10 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
None of his popular ones. That says it all. What a joke of a service.

But... As I see it the paid for and verified quality content is the same as always
It's only the unverified/low quality free content that is not there
And I for one very rarely used that because of the bad (Youtube-like 128kbs) quality

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:16 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Why are Atomix not updating everyone on this?

Yes, an official statement would be really nice

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:17 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
None of his popular ones

....but his (or any other major artists) popular ones should already be in any worthwhile DJs collection!

IMO when people book a DJ, they expect the DJ to have their own extensive music collection - more extensive than the average person.

I'd imagine that's how most DJs start out. As a music fan, then a music collector.

It surprises me how many people on here are apparently relying so heavily on rented (or of unknown origins) music when they're DJing professionally.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:47 pm
rite vdi I'm seriously considering moving to new software now, i have been a pro user for more than 7 years , every update you realise is causing more and more problems. my whole search is not finding tracks that are there, my mtp3 has now stopped connecting and I'm experiencing major downtime here when i have gigs every night, not good at all , all your support says is change usb cable and re install, well after 4 cables and 6 reinstalls obvious this is not a solution that you state there are only solutions,

not happy

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:52 pm
I agree grooving. If I come across a title I do not have and think I should have I get it at a good quality one way or another. As for Atomix not commenting on the netsearch problem, it is not a good sign that nothing has been said. If they intended to fix this they would have addressed it by now. By saying nothing it appears that they are putting off giving out bad news...

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:59 pm
I agree Groovin, but ANY streaming service should have popular content irrespective of whether the DJ actually has the track or not. It's being sold as an all in service, not something to plug holes in a music collection.

Personally I use Spotify and there's very little I can't find on there.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 6:02 pm
Quick update:

I sat down with Serato and PulseLocker today. Decided I HATE SERATO! VDJ is just so much easier and more intuitive to use. I have rolled back to build 3398 and will not accept any pushed updates until/unless NetSearch works, or Content Unlimited has a better selection.

Meanwhile I will make it a priority to add tracks to my already extensive library if they are requested for more than one gig.

Sadly, by having a truly awesome product, Atomix has is by the...

Sam

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 10:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
smooth100 wrote :
my whole search is not finding tracks that are there

Are you talking about local tracks or ContentUnlimited ones? I'm going to assume you mean local ones since you don't have a ContentUnlimited subscription active at this time. Probably best to start your own thread about that, since this one is about ContentUnlimited.

smooth100 wrote :
my mtp3 has now stopped connecting

Windows or OS X? If Windows, does it show up in Device Manager? If OS X does it show up in the MIDI window of Audio MIDI devices? Again, best to start a thread about this so we can troubleshoot for you.

smooth100 wrote :
all your support says is change usb cable and re install

I can't see any support tickets for you - did you use our online chat?

If you start your own thread then we can investigate your issues and I'm sure get you up and running again in no time. The issues you are having are very very unlikely to be related to the updates.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 11:51 pm
I too am having this same issue. I'm a 20 plus year pro mobile DJ and I have an extensive library and devote a lot of time to it. Having this tool as a back up, in case someone actually request something I do have gave me a sense of comfort/security. And to be honest I really didn't use it often at all really but know it was there was very helpful. Well tonight I had someone request Tina Turner's Simply the Best and ironically I did not have that song and it couldn't be found in the content. I feel the pain of what a lot of these guys are saying in this thread. I was soo shocked that 1.) I didn't have it but even more so 2.) my content back up (so to speak) didn't show it either. This is something the dev team may want to consider bringing back. I don't believe DJ's should DJ strictly from the content ever but I do feel that it's a very important back up or feature to have out there. :-)

Thanks

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 2:16 am
72%