Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is anyone else having issues with content unlimited? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Royce81 wrote :
I cannot get content unlimited to find the popular songs, or even some of the old ones. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I pay for Infinity Pro and am not getting access to songs I had a week ago.

yes this been going on for 2 week and they tell me garbsge

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 3:05 pm
I just bought a Content Unltd. subscription yesterday ... was shocked to find nothing for really regular artists.
Can anyone confirm that e.g. gypsy kings yields no (zero) results??? Quite a mainstream band ... is it not in the catalogue??
Or is it a bug (using latest release on Mac) ?
Also, is it true that I will not find any Dutch artists? USA/UK oriented only??

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 7:02 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJ von Smoothousen wrote :
I just bought a Content Unltd. subscription yesterday ... was shocked to find nothing for really regular artists. Can anyone confirm that e.g. gypsy kings yields no (zero) results??? Quite a mainstream band ... is it not in the catalogue??

That depends on what you consider regular, surely? I can however confirm Gypsy Kings are not in the ContentUnlimited catalogue.

DJ von Smoothousen wrote :
Also, is it true that I will not find any Dutch artists? USA/UK oriented only??

It's not true, no. Plenty of Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Hardwell, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Nicky Romero and Martin Garrix for example who IIRC are all Dutch artists.

In any case you can search the catalog before purchasing to see if it fits your needs :)

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 11:40 pm
I agree that even the most common searches come up with 0 results in Content Unlimited.
Ever since the latest update(s) I am having this issue, and i'm glad to see that I am not the only one.
To me it looks like a some filters are applied that significantly reduces most search request.

Hopefully those parameters can be either set to the settings they had before the latest updates, or adjust them so that searches are properly working again.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 2:53 pm
It seems that there are less results to me too. I went to VDJ 7.4.7 and tried the same search and got the same results as with VDJ 8.2 build 3420. The only difference was I got Netsearch results also with VDJ 7.4.7.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 3:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dragon19114 wrote :
I agree that even the most common searches come up with 0 results in Content Unlimited.

I'll ask one more time for some examples, but I don't think anyone is listening to me!

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 3:31 pm
dragon19114 wrote :
Ever since the latest update(s) I am having this issue, and i'm glad to see that I am not the only one.
To me it looks like a some filters are applied that significantly reduces most search request.

Hopefully those parameters can be either set to the settings they had before the latest updates, or adjust them so that searches are properly working again.

I'm sure you already know this, because it's been written 10+ times in this thread and threads like it:
- Content Unlimited content (the paid for stuff normally listed with red icons) is working fine.
- The Netsearch content (the free unvalidated net content normally listed with purple icons) is not available in newer builds

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 3:46 pm
SBDJ wrote :
dragon19114 wrote :

I'll ask one more time for some examples, but I don't think anyone is listening to me!

Try The Beatles. Only four results come up. I would think there should be a whole lot more...

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 7:27 pm
Ok, i have some examples too which last month I could load in seconds with several files , now it shows 0 files::
born to be wild (classic song that everyone knows) 0 files
mungo jerry (famous artist known for hit "in the summertime" 0 files
BB&Q band (several hits and i used to get 30+ files) 0 files
American Girl (only finds 3 songs, but not Tom Petty .... last month I had 15 + files)
The Jean Genie ( not finding David Bowie's hit) searching with David Bowie also don't find it The Jean Genie

the list goes on and on , and remember I only talk about the paid version Content Unlimited ...... not using any of the other features

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 11:03 pm
dragon19114 wrote :
Ok, i have some examples too which last month I could load in seconds with several files , now it shows 0 files::
American Girl (only finds 3 songs, but not Tom Petty .... last month I had 15 + files)
The Jean Genie ( not finding David Bowie's hit) searching with David Bowie also don't find it The Jean Genie

the list goes on and on , and remember I only talk about the paid version Content Unlimited ...... not using any of the other features

Are you sure all was marked in red icons. Not purple?

Because a lot of the old stuff like Mungo Jerry I have only ever seen with purple icons, which means that the came form Netsearch content (which doesn't currently work) and not from Content Unlimited (which works).

Content unlimited (red icons) doesn't have a lot of the old tracks, but on a regulars search you would normally only know if tracks came from Content Unlimited or Netseach if you looked at the icons

I've downgraded VDJ and gone back a few versions to use Netsearch again, and as you can see the Mungo Jerry content comes from Netsearch (purple icons) not from Content Unlimited (red icons)

Another way of seeing it is by using the serach util on here to check Content Unlimited content:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/contentunlimited.html

If you search for Mungo Jerry you get the reply:
"No official content found for 'Mungo Jerry', VirtualDJ would get these tracks from NetSearch."

So I still believe that your extended content came from Netsearch, which you normally really wouldn't notice unless you looked for it
And this extended free content is unfortunately not available at the moment.
You can get it back by downgrading VDJ as I did to create the screenshot above - but that is of course not a long tine solution

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 3:46 am

Hi, 9/26/16

This is what my experience has been over the past few days. I did a gig on Sept 17 only to stand there like a dud DJ not able to pull up a lot of the requested songs. Thanks to our extensive library the night wasn't a total loss (but it wasn't a "home run" either) however It should never have come to that.

On Sept 22nd (after looking all over the VDJ website for a phone # or chat option) I sent the following e-mail to the support team:

I can't get "content unlimited" to work...can't pull up tunes on search netsearch even with internet connection confirmed. I have gigs coming up and will need this service restored by tomorrow (the 23rd) afternoon.
Your immediate help would be greatly appreciated!!

Why do you make it so difficult to communicate with tech support?

agudsound

On Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 3:09 am I received the following:
Haui70
Official Teamer
Support Staff
hello,

Expand the Content unlimited folder in the folder Browser in VDJ then click on SEARCH AUDIO. Now in the search Box type in a popular artist (Calvin harris for example) and load a search result. If the file loads and plays then you are simply entering in searches that do not have a result.

Always download these files to cache and only then add them to a playlist.
Otherwise this can create error message on VDJ side.

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS
Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 8:58 am
agudsound

After that response I sent the following:

agudsound

Very limited number of songs come up for example when I type in Kesha or Ke$ha only "Dirty Love" comes up no "Tik Tok" or any other songs. When I type in Paul Simon I get Steve Forest, Simon De Jano the Bootstraps and not one Paul Simon song??? When I enter Rolling Stones i get 14 total songs only 8 different songs. Little Big Town has a hit "Little White Church" I enter Little Big Town no "Little White Church" I enter the name of the song and nothing.

What is wrong or what am I doing wrong. I was, up until this week, pulling up music on search netsearsh but 0 files come up now and on search audio the above limited music appears. I Don't follow (understand) the advice to download to cache only...how do I do this.

Thanks,
agudsound
Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 4:33 pm
agudsound
agudsound
...I have a gig later today. If I cant figure this out I'll be deep trouble. Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

agudsound
Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 4:38 pm

This response was received on Sunday Sept 26th:
Haui70
Official Teamer
Support Staff
I'm so sorry to hear that, but we work to give you the best catalogues, and these catalogues change upon time. We are currently working with our content suppliers to deliver an even wider catalogue.

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

He/she is sorry but will do nothing (so far) to enlighten or help me.

As of today, Monday September 26th I have not been contacted by Virtual DJ/Atomix Productions or anybody letting me know that they were/are having any problems.

Hard to believe Virtual DJ/Atomix would let DJ's go to gigs without at least letting us know ahead of time that we won't be able to get the music we will need.

It's about our livelihood, credibility and reputation.

Has anyone heard any updates or news about "fixes" to this problem?

This music service is the only one that I have used. Any suggestions for another music/song service or services I might try.

Thanks,

agudsound

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:01 am
im also having problems with content unlimited, it is still sugesting tracks but the files won't show when i look them up

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:56 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
This thought comes from my background as a mobile DJ. You club guys who are guaranteed to be working a stable environment with rock solid Internet on-hand may not need this view-point.
This may not be a popular reply, but in my humble opinion I would never go to a gig depending on Internet source music to get through the contracted time.
I have the Content Unlimited subscription and also use iTunes. To be honest, iTunes works for me 95% of the time -- Content Unlimited works for me 5% of the time.
Netsearch-- nah -- I'll skip saying anything about Netsearch.
Bottom Line:
If you are a paid professional DJ going to a gig with expectations of relying on online-content, you really need to reconsider your business plan.
You really should be thinking about gathering a good working library independent of outside requirements.
And, for you guys with that rock-solid Internet-- What happens when the club owner's Wi-Fi or Internet access goes tits-up for some unknown reason?

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 12:43 pm
This has been discussed many times and I am in agreement. Streaming services are not guaranteed and should only be used as a filler for the odd track you might not have.

Relying on this or any other web based solution is just plainly stupid ...... unless you are someone who doesn't care what sort of service you provide that is.

Atomix don't really seem to know what's going on with this either, they seem to think it's fine whilst users here are posting otherways.

Again, maybe I'm old fashioned but to me providing a DJ service means I have the music I think will be required for the gig available on my machine and not subject to external factors. What happened with Grooveshark not so long ago and the issues some have been experiencing lately with CU should be a warning. Let's just say I would be mighty pissed if I hired a DJ who couldn't provide the music required because of something like this happening.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 1:01 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
YES!!!!!! NOT ALOT OF R&B MUSIC WILL NOT COME UP OR NONE....

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 1:18 pm
AsTheDJ+ wrote :
YES!!!!!! NOT ALOT OF R&B MUSIC WILL NOT COME UP OR NONE....

Have you read the thread?
Everything is explained above

In short:
Only Content Unlimited content works in newer builds
The free Netsearch addon does not work in newer builds

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 5:33 pm
agudsound wrote :
I can't get "content unlimited" to work...can't pull up tunes on search netsearch even with internet connection confirmed.

Content Unlimited and Netsearch are 2 different things

Content Unlimited is the content you pay for, and the tracks are normally marked in red
Netsearch is the free unvalidated content that is grabbed from around the net, and is normally marked in purple

Content Unlimited currently works
Netsearch does not work in builds 3409 and above

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 5:39 pm
There are reports that users are getting restricted results in "content unlimited" so maybe there still are issues.

The netsearch freebie addon just causes confusion.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:51 pm
So long story short: will netsearch be added again in the next update (apparently there's a lot of demand for it) or is it scrapped for all future new builds?

Thanks everyone for all your answers!

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 7:41 pm
dragon19114 wrote :

Having the same issue and its annoying artist I have been able to search for in the past can not find now I have done search, in both Netsearch and Audio Beyonce has no actual song all features, Micheal Jackson (forget it) never had an issue in the past. Luther Vandross only has six songs not even possible I searched for Rihanna just for fun and the search return came back with 201 songs all "f. Rihanna" I guess she doesn;t have any of her own songs. clearly there is an issue.. the chances of one person having an issue ok I get can be a user error but multiple users having the same problem... clearly there is something wrong. Especially since they are paying customers.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 10:27 pm
48%