Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MC7000 controller - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
And damn, it works with asio4all settings on 64samples and 4kernel buffers with total 1ms response time - no glitch whatsoever and 60fps skin flowing like a charm. Striking those pads for cue juggle, samples for drumming or just scratching the hell out of the jogs is the best experience ever. Just wow.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 8:12 am
I have been used denon, denon controllers sound clear and are very loud,pre amplifier in denon controllers are loud !
Denon works well with vdj!and very stable performance....
Pioneer DDJ RX is Very stable with vdj no problem.
Only one thing against the denon controllers is switch tactile buttons they are very cheap and poor quality!
Comparing Denon switches to the Pioneer's tactile switches they are rubbish!
I got Pioneer DDJ RX and I'm over the moon!
Just go out there and compare them and you will know what I,m saying!
Let's put it this way if you wanna something quality go for Pioneer otherwise go for Denon...
I had problem with denon in past, switches are very cheap, Pioneer it's built like tank!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:11 am
The switches are (or have been) a very big negative for Denon (even since the HC4500 came out), but since these new controllers possibly have Numark parts in them the switches may be different ..... but we won't know until someone takes a controller apart.

I have had my MC6000 since December 2010 and it still looks and works like new. I have replaced the Denon play/pause switches three times now. They started playing up again last month so I bought cheap generic tact switches from RS components (£2 for 10 of them including postage) and they are far better than the original ones. It's just a shame it takes 4 hours to take the MC6000 apart, solder the new switches and assemble it again. Apart from that the controller is rock solid and a total workhorse.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:33 am
kradcliffe I agree with you man, I had mc6000 mk1 and for that reason I would never buy Denon controller
I had the same problem with play/pause switch I was disappointment with deonon controllers at the time!
Eaven I have been using controller just when I was playing at the gig! ( not at home no home use ) Buttons fail
Denon for home use ok, but if you playing out there I would strongly recommend Pioneer!
It is a bit more money but you want regret for shure.....

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:55 am
Can't say I really agree with that. Pioneer are the "Apple" of DJ gear, and especially in the UK their prices are way too high. I had the DDJ-SX2 but it's output quality was not as good as the Denon, and the integrated mic channels were terrible.

Anyway these new Denon controllers are not the same manufacturing process as the older ones so let's see how it pans out.

I would buy the MCX8000 today if it wasn't so huge. The MC7000 doesn't have EQ on the booth out so it's no use for me.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The buttons of the MC7000 (and MCX8000) have nothing to do with the "traditional" Denon buttons. Those are plastic and remind/feel like the Numark buttons. Will those last in time ? Well, time will tell lol.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:59 am
Denon mc6000 mk1 had a nice powerful output and clear, Pioneer DDJ RX Mic is very good now Output it's nice and clear especially with vdj 8
What I have said the Pioneer it has been well tested for their switches over 2 decades so you can be confident
but what djdad said about new denon controllers only the time will tell!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 11:07 am
I love my two MC6000 mk1 and replaced the TACT switches for play/cue with higher quality ones. They are built like tanks!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 12:07 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In my view both Denon and Pioneer have messed up to varying degress, with their current generation of controllers. Denon have a better balance of features for the working DJ, with independent mic channels and the headphone controls in the correct place, but the quality of the transport controls aren't up there with Pioneers, and the mirrored layout was also a mistake (one they wont repeat I'm told).

Pioneer had a useful feature on the original SX that allowed you to adjust the weight of the platter, they got rid of this on the SX2 and the RX, instead of finding a middle ground they set them to heavy, making them pretty useless to me, there's no scope for making large adjustments without sweating, and a backspin isn't possible. They also messed up on the headphone monitoring controls (position) and lack of independent mic channels. Pioneer make TOO many compromises unless you buy their top end products, all of which are too big for most mobile and bar DJs.

In my view, these guys have been so concerned with new features like the pads, keymatching, FX etc they've neglected some of the basics, and that's a shame.

The problem is the fanboys and the paid off online review gurus (essentially salesmen), they create the illusion that these products are near perfect, but any kind of objective review from someone who knows what they're doing will find them way short of the mark.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 2:24 pm
Agreed 100%

Now I'd like to hear your take the on the new Denon unit??

That will be my next purchase, I'm almost certain of this.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 3:22 pm
djxhalx wrote :
it works with asio4all settings

Why on earth would you use ASIO4ALL when you have a Denon MC7000?

[facepalm]

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 7:25 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Pioneer had a useful feature on the original SX that allowed you to adjust the weight of the platter, they got rid of this on the SX2 and the RX, instead of finding a middle ground they set them to heavy, making them pretty useless to me, there's no scope for making large adjustments without sweating, and a backspin isn't possible.

Just a correction: The ONLY Pioneer controllers that allows you to adjust the weight of the platter are (with order of production) DDJ-SZ, DDJ-RZ, DDJ-RZX and DDJ-SZ2

The original SX did not had weight adjustment for the jogs. It had analog knobs on the front to adjust the sensitivity of the touch sensor of the platters. On later models there are no analog knobs anymore and the touch sensitivity can be adjusted digitally with SHIFT + Deck select buttons.

PS: Talking about the quality of the tactical buttons in various DENON units, I get. I do also get to compare MC7000 against other "similar" units.
What I don't get is why someone would start a "Pioneer vs Denon" argue on a thread which is specific to a controller.
Please try to keep the discussion around Denon MC7000 and it's direct competition (if you want to compare it)
Do not start a general "brands" argue.
Thank you!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Good correction, in was in a booth just last week when I was expressing how heavy the jogs are on the RX, and I was told you could adjust them on an SX, seems they misunderstood as you're right it's just a sensitivity setting. But I did have a quick play with the jogs and they were about half the weight of the RX, presuming they were designed lighter plus they've probably loosened with years of use.

I was comparing their controllers in this area of the market, the pros and cons, it's quite obvious in my remarks that I've no bias to either brand. Anyone viewing this thread either has this unit or is considering getting one, so it's worth making some reflections and providing some honest insight, and prevent anyone from making some of the purchasing mistakes I've made of late (DDJ-RX), but this unit (the 7000) I'd say it's a pretty solid if imperfect product.

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 4:15 am
What case is everyone using for their MC7000?

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 11:36 pm
Probably no use to you as you're in the US but I got this case for £69.95

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-Universal-Medium-DJ-Controller-Pickfoam-Carry-Flight-Case-with-Shelf-/191903251610?hash=item2cae533c9a:g:O8oAAOSw4shYBPOr[url]

Fits perfectly!

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 12:24 am

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 4:33 am
I got the Magma MGA40980 from American Musical Supply. PSSL also carries the case. MC7000 Controller fits perfectly after adding the extra padding they give you.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 6:50 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
groovindj - with Denon drivers there is no way to use virtual dj with 60fps skin and such a low latency. It just stutters even on clean, optimized high cpu (i7) and ram (8gb) laptop. That is my experience. Does the drivers affect the sound quality in any way?

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 2:58 pm
ASIO should give you better results than the Windows driver (which is what ASIO4ALL uses), because it's written specifically for the MC7000 audio interface. It's not just a generic, works with everything driver.

As for FPS, I would say you don't need anywhere near 60 FPS.

Cinema films run at 25 FPS, and that's because the human eye regards that rate as motion. Anything above that is really overkill IMO.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 6:14 pm
I have always found the Denon ASIO drivers to be unstable (may be better now) but I have been using WASAPI for a couple of years (on the MC6000mk1) and as far as I can tell there is no degradation of performance.

I have also recently been doing a good bit of testing on the video output from VDJ (just using the inbuilt Intel HD4400 chip) and anything over 30fps makes absolutely no visible difference. Likeways 30fps for the skins is more than enough and isn't too taxing on your system.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 6:26 pm
53%