Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sampler not loading correctly when controller is plugged in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have noticed my deck 2 is not loading the audio samples fx properly I am setting the normal applause laughter etc on deck one but pads one and five only load laughter all others are blank.
It is not affecting any other paks

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 4:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
and that happens with some specific controller ? Which one ?
What about the pads on the screen/skin ? do they get updated properly ?

Btw, if your controller has 4 pads on each side and the Bank has 5 samples (more than 4), the left side will trigger samples 1 to 4 and the right side will trigger samples 5-8. So with the mentioned Sampler bank , the 5th sample (laugh) will be triggered from pad 1 of right-side and the pads 2,3,4 of the right side will not trigger any samples since slots 6 to 8 are empty on this bank.

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 4:28 pm
djdad wrote :
and that happens with some specific controller ? Which one ? Stanton djc4

What about the pads on the screen/skin ? do they get updated properly ? Not the ones on deck 2

Btw, if your controller has 4 pads on each side and the Bank has 5 samples (more than 4), the left side will trigger samples 1 to 4 and the right side will trigger samples 5-8. So with the mentioned Sampler bank , the 5th sample (laugh) will be triggered from pad 1 of right-side and the pads 2,3,4 of the right side will not trigger any samples since slots 6 to 8 are empty on this bank.

I have 8 pads on each side.
When the skin loads without the controller plugged in initially all pads popular correctly.
Once the controller is engaged deck two has pads 1 and 5 loaded with laughter only

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 1:07 pm
So, which controller is the one that you plug ?

Can you post a screenshot of the Skin after you plug the controller, showing the Sampler on the Sideview and if possible the Sampler Pads pages on both decks ?

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 1:14 pm
djdad wrote :
So, which controller is the one that you plug ?

Can you post a screenshot of the Skin after you plug the controller, showing the Sampler on the Sideview and if possible the Sampler Pads pages on both decks ?

Image attached as per your request DJDad .....

Sorry forgot to mention it is for Stanton DJC-4 Controller

If the Mapping could be changed so that controller <shift> key and sampler key pushed together access PADS 5 - 8 I think That may solve the issue.

<Shift>+<Sampler_1> = SAMPLER_5 etc

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 3:30 am
Has there been any progress on this and has it been reported yet?

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 11:57 am
SHIFT+SAMPLER is always mapped to stop the Sample in all default mappings and this is not going to be changed.

As for your request to access more samples from your controller, you can still map any keys you want to control any sample, however, you will not be getting the proper samples on the skin, as the unit has a pre-defined pads layout of 4x1 x 2(sides)

Try for example to map the STR_SAMPLER1 key you will find in the mapping as sampler_pad 5 (instead of sampler_stop 1 which is the default action) and see if that works for you.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 2:38 pm
Sorry djdad you misunderstand me.
I was meaning for controller mapping to use the onboard shift key not the keyboard shift key.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 2:34 pm
Yes, i understood well.
SHIFT+SAMPLER buttons on the DJC4 should provide the STR_SAMPLER keys in Key Learn to map as sampler_pad 5 to sampler_pad 8

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 2:55 pm
The mapping was ok in 8.1 why not revert to that mapping it seemed to work ok?

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 6:25 am
We have not changed the mapping files in ver 8.2 In fact the mapping files for the DJC4 are the same since 8.0

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 10:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)