Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Inserting logos and or pictures in video output - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
For video DJing can some one outline the process to insert logos in the corner of the video out put screen.

And is there a way to have a logo or picture on display via the video out, while audio only tracks are being played.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 6:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 7:22 pm
thanks

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 1:23 am
OK I was able to use every thing on a gig last night..however, I lost all of the use of my sound effects via the physical control of my Numark NS7iii, and was not able to figure out how to re establish the connection to control the sound fx for each deck to the controller...even restarting VDJ and the controller didnt reset the sound effect control. I tried to end the use of the slide show and the logo input as well and the sound fx controller interface did not connect.

When the effects via the controller was working the fx knobs LEDs lit up.

I need help to solve this issue....ASAP.

is it a situation where use of the slide show and or logo input defeats the sound fx? If so I this is a problem that needs to be addressed so VDJ8 is multi functional in this regard

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 6:01 pm
Not following you ,sorry.
What exactly are the steps you were doing to apply Audio Effects ?

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 10:06 pm
ok before i applied the logo and slide show solution....every thing functioned normally with my audio effects...meaning when I open VDJ the audio effect leds engage, and function normally when the fx buttons are pressed and the leds for the track elapse strip functioned.

Now when I turn on VDJ, the effects cannot be engaged by the controller...the leds for the sound fx do not turn on the fx activation buttons dont function and the only way to activate audio fx is by using my mouse and activating the fx button withing the softwear and the leds for the track elapse strip also dont function.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 1:06 am
update the search strip LED is now functional...still having problems with the audio FX on the controller not operating

Posted Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 3:50 am
drjust wrote :
update the search strip LED is now functional...still having problems with the audio FX on the controller not operating

This is a mapping issue that needs to be solved within VDJ

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 5:20 am
ok have a job coming up on wend. can some one assist with this mapping issue?

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 7:42 pm
Do you have any NS7III files in the /Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder ?
If yes, delete them and re-launch VDJ 8.2

Make sure the factory default mapping is selected from VirtualDJ Settings->CONTROLLERS tab for the Numark NS7III

Use the SHIFT+TAP to switch between the Single and Multi FX mode

Make sure the MASTER FX A and FX B buttons are turned off (when On, the FX units control Video Transition, Video FX and Master Effects on the side that the FX MASTER is enabled)

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:44 pm
ok ill try that and report back thanks

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 11:18 pm
I executed instructions, still no change in terms of the fx controls on the ns7iii responding...still dead

Posted Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 1:31 am
Still need a solution to this mapping problem

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 2:29 pm
Ok, lets try once more..

1. No files in /VirtualDJ/Devices folder
2. The "factory default" is selected as the Mapping in VirtualDJ Settings->Controllers tab for the NS7III
3. The Master FXA and FXB buttons at the top-center of the NS7III (right below the MASTER Volume knob) are OFF

With the above, when you move any FX rotary or press any FX key , nothing seems to control the Effects of both sides ?
E.g. the first FX button of the left side, named as FX1, doesnt enable/disable the Selected Effect of the left deck ?

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 3:19 pm
correct nothing is working

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 5:38 pm
Ok really weird.. and cant think of what went wrong there for you. You said that issues started when you enabled some Plugins to show logo , Slideshow etc.
So you will need to troubleshoot on your own, starting with deleting (well, move them to some other folder as backup), all the files from the Plugins folder (leave the sub-folders structure as is, just remove content) and restart VDJ.
If that doesnt help, next step is to remove (rename/backup) the settings.xml you will find in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder.

Let us know of your findings.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 12:58 am
yes however I also did the upgrade to 8.2 at the same time, is there a way to revert back to previous VDJ 8.1 and get a copy of the mapping folder for NS7iii?

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 4:15 am
Previous builds are located here.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 5:09 am
When I was having mapping issues with another controller, I got assistance via a skype call and a VDJ support tech performing a remote desktop review of VDJ folder and settings to solve the problems.

Id like to schedule the same direct help with this ns7iii

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 5:41 am
Man n his music, which number build is the release right before 8.2 update?

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 4:28 pm
83%