Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping Editor Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

b3286

If you hit the delete map button and then hit cancel it removes the mapper from the list of saved maps. Restarting the application brought the missing items back to the list.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 9:12 pm
b3311 Bug still exists

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 2:29 pm
b3324 just tested bug still exists

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 12:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, but i dont understand the steps you are providing. When i click on the Delete button (the X from the top right) to delete a Custom Mapping, it deletes the file without offering a Cancel button.
Can you provide more details ?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 12:13 pm
For me it does provide a confirm/cancel window, and if I choose cancel then the mapper is removed from the list but not actually deleted from the hard drive. And then if I restart VDJ the mapper comes back.

I just tried it again now and realized that the confirm window is from windows itself but not from VDJ, very strange. So vdj is thinking that the mapper is deleted but the OS never actually did it. Sorry for any confusion I didn't notice the window style of the confirmation box before. This may just be an XP thing as I only tried this on my old workhorse and not my win10 machine. I will try that right now....

WIndows 10 laptop also gives a confirmation box but the behavior on picking cancel is different, it keeps the mapper in the list but jumps back to the factory default as the active mapper.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 4:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Windows 10 indeed doesn ask a Delete confirmation by default. As for the other Windows versions, i believe that there is an option to disable that as well.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:53 pm

Posted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 8:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)