Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Fullscreen flashes! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Can anyone help? When start VDJ8.2 Fullscreen flashes. i dont know why? I tested on two computers.
Thank you!

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 4:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
flashes, even without having any tracks loaded to a Deck ?

Have you tried to update the drivers of your video card to the latest ones ?

Are you on a Mac or Windows ?

Have you tried to remove (rename) the settings.xml file from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder ?

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:56 am

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 8:55 pm
I have noticed that a Video track is loaded. Can you try to open VirtualDJ, load an audio track and then try to open Settings ? still the same ?

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 9:12 pm
Hi Guys,

V8.2 b3236 I have exactly the same issue.

Not this CRAP all over again......How many times do I have to say the same thing over & over again

It is THIS <> that is causing the problem

VideoForceFullscreen.....What the hell has been changed from 8.0 & 8.1 it didn't do this only back again in 8.2 Something has been changed.

If I set it to ' 0 ' it doesn't do it BUT again the videos run Glitchy.

If I set it to ' 1 ' the way I have also had it in V8 the videos run great, in sync & fine. UNTIL you click on any of the following TRANSITION / EFFECTS / CONFIG etc...... and we get out own flashing Disco on the laptop NOT on the OUTPUT TV it still runs great however the laptop is unusable.

You can stop it if you press Transitions Dock or the Effects Dock that appear but if you hit the CONFIG you are knackered and have to CRASH close it / shut it down.

It only happens if you hit the Down Tabs to select something.

Come on explain what has changed VIDEO it's not Graphics Drivers / Cards etc..... It's the way it goes about selecting the external output that's causing this (Programming issues).

Same machine used at the weekend gig V7 ran great......., But you select the second output a different way.......... someone please explain Adion - Team - Anyone........ I can see what's doing it but VDJ surely must know how to fix it.....

Or no Karaoke / Videos / Plugins for a while not any good for me.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 9:44 pm
Its not crap at all my friend. The issue of the OP may be different than yours, since he said that he had deleted settings.xml , so VideoforceFullscreen is set to 0 by default

Btw, in case you have unresolved issues with the Early access , you can still go back to the public build and use VirtualDj as you used to. We will keep investigating what went wrong here.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 9:51 pm
Thank you djdad!

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:14 pm
@ DJDad

We have been here 2ish years ago when V8 first surfaced!!!!

I pointed out then what was causing the issue,

Something has been changed in the way V8.2 hooks / latched onto a second output.

FullForcescreen. '0' is default but is not good <> slow, out of sync, glitchy but at least it allows you to use the laptop.

FullForcescreen. '1' is what I have always ran it on V8,V8.1 now can't due to the screen flashing when selecting anything effects / plugins / config.... It's not graphic drivers as I used V7 on Saturday first time in about 3 years ran great as I was already out at a gig

I still will say that V7 video engine is far superior than V8 (clearer, less glitchy, less CPU hungry) and yet V8 is the newer program. It does have some fantastic stuff (sound engine, database, layout, etc) but VIDEO it's a step backwards

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:22 pm
I also never said it was crap.

What I said was not this Crap again.

This problem again is what I meant <> trust me that is the issue. I don't post much on here.

I read the forum everyday!!! I see all the issues and have done a lot of testing. VDJ 8.2 enhanced improvements to the video engine.

Sorry enhanced what ? we've gone backwards my CPU is as hot as a volcano.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:31 pm

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:43 pm
With videoForceFullscreen=0 there is a lot of contention with VDJ drawing it's user interface that causes choppy behavior. Also tearing is an issue.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:45 pm
VJ Python wrote :
Thank you djdad!

You havent replied to my last question though :)

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:48 pm
@ djdad VJ python's issue is different from mine apologies didn't read it correctly.

@Don Moir This is exactly what I was talking about we have had this issue before and it has raised its head again in this Update to V8.2, I have opened a new thread and will make reference to that post hopefully pointing them to a fix , thanks

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 11:13 pm
@To everybody. I use video clips and video effects on daily basis on windows 7 and windows 10 lappy. I used to have an issue with milkdrop but it has been addressed. I tried to replicate Don Moir's old post and issues on this one but i cant. i tried everything. I even have 15 tabs on chrome opened while trying to replicate. Might be an issue with your current video drivers, On both lappys i have i7 with nvidia cards

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 2:44 am
Those 2 old bugs seem to be ok now.

The flashing with 8.2 for me occurs without trying much.

o - bring up options and set videoForceFullScreen=1
o - run any video effect
o - bring up options again and flashing starts immediately - sometimes one monitor and sometimes 2

Also don't be so quick to pass something off as a video driver problem... this kind of thing is not often related to that especially when numerous people are complaining about it. Also the old bugs were confirmed to be a bug but seem ok now.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 6:59 am
I have exactly the same issues as you are describing above Don.

It's not graphics drivers as it was all fine in v8.1 and is fine in V7.4.7

Best way to describe it is <> if something is getting overlayed on top of any skin (i.e. Effects tab under video screen, transitions and even opening the config to say change a setting)
When it docks on top of the skin causing the screen flashing

It's strange indeed again FullForcescreen is set to '1' when this happens.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 8:39 am
I believe you. I just don't see it here. I can't replicate it no matter what.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 10:37 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I saw this when trying to do visuals. Ended up thinking lack of directx drivers. Guess there is a bug when you select external video. Does not seem to happen if the internal display (small window) opens up.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 1:41 pm
I can't reproduce this issue, and I have the same software.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 4:45 am
You have to have videoForceFullscreen=1 to reproduce what I see. Does not occur with 8.1 and does not occur with videoForceFullscreen=0(default) in 8.2.

Bringing up any window like options or a drop down list causes immediate flashing when you have video on and videoForceFullscreen=1. Turn the video off and flashing stops. Bring up any VDJ window with video on and flashing starts again.

videoForceFullsreen=1 turns on hardware display mode and can produce a cleaner display with less tearing then the default window mode (videoForceFullsreen=0). Note that the default and I think only mode for fullscreen in VDJ7 was hardware display mode.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 2:15 pm
49%