Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tip Stacking Visualizations and Effects - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The problem is Scott hasn't added transparency to Milkdrop........

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 2:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
tayla wrote :
Yep, this was possible with sonique way back when.... but we lost a lot when v8 came along.

Sonique plugins still have a transparency option

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 6:01 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ah, but there is no contest really between the two, Milkdrop wins hands down. Sonique was the bee's knee's when it was first available to us users but like everything it has become a bit dated, no doubt before long the same will happen to Milkdrop. Hopefully it's demise will be brought about by you guys in the development of the video sampler, here's hoping.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 12:45 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hm..the text plugin is primitive in comparison to Tellyvisuals. Also Tellyvisuals does do transparency. Interestingly Tellyvisuals is not very demanding on system resources.

Thank you for your excellent tip DonKaraoke!
HOWEVER:
I require it to be set as the default AudioOnlyVisualization.

So often I've messed up putting a singer on stage while milkdrop, or a sample was running.
I'm moving away from video samples for all things except one drop items such as the birthday cake, and the 3rd deck since I only use 2.

It was important that I optimized milkdrop since it's now running all the time.

With audio only playing, milkdrop with Tellyvisuals, and the Win10 performance monitor running I'm using less than 20% of a 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo! Astounding! The corresponding memory usage is @1450mb.

I've got to say our software programmers are generally frugal with system resources..however Microsoft is a pig.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 11:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)