Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using VDJ Remote Android App with VMS2 External Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone, could do with some help understanding if there is a way of setting up Virtual DJ 8 with the Android remote App. I have the App properly connected on Wifi to my Laptop with VDJ8 running. I can slide faders up and down on the mixer, and it mirrors on the App (used on a Tablet). The song volume adjusts properly when using the physical fader on the Mixer. However when I slide the fader up and down on the Android App, the volume doesn't adjust. Obviously I'm not expecting the fader to move on the mixer, but can't understand why the main Output of the Mixer doesn't change volume.

I have tried various combinations of External Mixer, Soundcard and Channel settings - but I can't get it working.

The issue seems obvious; the Master output is controlled by the physical fader position on the Mixer.

But what is the solution, if it is even possible? It means that I can't do what I purchased the App for; to set a Playlist on the Laptop and use the Android App to work through it, and mix between songs. For the songs to work I need BOTH faders up on the external mixer which means when I try to do an Auto Mix, both songs play at the same time no matter what side the Cross Fader is position to (on the Tablet).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 8:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
CartmanVS wrote :
..The issue seems obvious; the Master output is controlled by the physical fader position on the Mixer.

Thats the heart of the issue. The VMS2 is a real hardware mixer (with Midi capabilities too, thats why you see the faders moving on the screen as well), and the Audio mixing is done by the Hardware itself.
The only workaround is to use a different/additional USB sound card (not the one of the VMS2) and use the VMS2 as a pure Midi device.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 8:08 am
Hy

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 6:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)