Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: XDJ RX Version 2.00 with full HID support - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Yes, I also have RekordboxDJ and the buttons don't work as you said, Pioneer said another update is coming to fix it, but with Virtual DJ everything works.Waiting on the waveform display on the screen from Virtual DJ.

Posted Fri 04 Mar 16 @ 2:19 pm
haveing a problem when master set to deck 1 jog wheel led flickers on deck 1 and when master set to deck 2 and deck 1 paused and deck 2 playing led goes off on deck 1 anyone else have same problem. (running osx yosemite)

Posted Sat 05 Mar 16 @ 4:56 pm
found a workround for the moment set deck 3 as master if you dont use sync lol

Posted Sat 05 Mar 16 @ 5:09 pm
Thinking about buying the Pioneer XDJ-RX does it work fully with Vdj 7? And 8? Will be using a Mac book pro?

Posted Sun 13 Mar 16 @ 3:54 pm
djgibbsy wrote :
Thinking about buying the Pioneer XDJ-RX does it work fully with Vdj 7? And 8? Will be using a Mac book pro?

For now it is not a good option this product. Pioneer have to work on the firmware. I think they will never fixit. Like they never fixit some problems on XDJ-R1. The best XDJ product is XDJ-AERO, on second place is XDJ-R1.Anyway this is my opinion.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 1:50 am

For now it is not a good option this product. Pioneer have to work on the firmware. I think they will never fixit. Like they never fixit some problems on XDJ-R1. The best XDJ product is XDJ-AERO, on second place is XDJ-R1.Anyway this is my opinion.[/quote]

That sucks it's a great bit of kit and had a play around with at the weekend and was thinking about getting one... Shame it doesn't work with Vj.. ;(

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 1:59 am
I didn't say it's not working with Virtual DJ. It is working but not as it should with VDJ 8. With VDJ 7 i think it is not working at all. The problems of compatibility between Virtual DJ 8 and Pioneer XDJ-RX it's looks like it's from Pioneer company. I believe they try to "make a good impression" with Rekordbox.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 4:27 pm
Even if it is completely remapped it's still has problems with 8?
are you just using usbs sticks with it so then

T

Posted Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 10:11 pm
Hi Guys

I am using the mapping for VDJ 8 when i mobile disco. but the sound quality is not as good as when i use rekord box. has anyone got any advice on this please?

much thanks

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:02 am
Perhaps if you gave details of your sound settings in VDJ.....

VDJ, being a very open software which can be used with a huge variety of hardware, has a lot of configuration settings and options.

Maybe one or more of your sound settings is wrong or not ideal. Have you tried adjusting any of them?

Posted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 12:24 pm
Hi Folks,

hows everyone getting on using the XDJ RX with VDJ?

Was just wondering if there has been any progress and if the issues with the sound (listed above) have been remedied.

cheers

Iain

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:12 pm
Bought my RX a week ago and all is working great.

Even have mine setup in External Mixer in VDJ and RX mode on the unit and get to use all the nice on board effects, although you cant actually see which beat you have the effect set to.

One issue I do have is that the pitch faders don't seem to make small enough accurate changes? i.e. like on a CDJ or like my previous R1 would do. The smallest registered changed on the pitch in VDJ with the RX seems to jump the BPM about .20 bpm on about a 100bpm song. That's with the pitch set to 10%.

Is there anyway to improve this?

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 3:03 pm
Please don't post the same comments all over the forum. Once is enough!

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 6:07 pm
Not sure what you mean by that comment or how helpful it actually is to anyone? I am certainly not spamming the forum in anyway.

For clarification, I had posted 2 times with a relevant post on each of the 2 individual threads and then also left 1 similar comment on the Beta feedback section for the RX.
So that should someone look at that thread only they would see my comment.

Do you have anything constructive to add in regard to the pitch fader issue? As I would be very grateful for an answer.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 1:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The pitch increase accuracy/step depends on 2 basic things.
- The resolution of the Hardware Pitch fader. 14-bit faders (160K steps/values from top to bottom) provide double precision than the 7-bit ones (128 values/steps from top to bottom).
- The selected Pitch range. The minimum you can go is -+4%.

The Pioneer XDJ-RX offers 7-bit resolution in MIDI.

If the wanted step cannot be achieved even with the smallest pitch range, then your only choice is to map a couple of buttons as ..
pitch +0.01 bpm
and
pitch -0.01 bpm
Those will offer 0.01 (absolute) BPM increase regardless the selected pitch range or resolution.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 6:41 pm
Thanks djdad for explaining, it's kinda what I thought.

Strange thing just checked even with the pitch faded clicked into the 0 position, VDJ reads it at -0.1%??

Posted Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 9:19 pm

Posted Thu 08 Jun 17 @ 10:01 am
As always, the official answer is "when it's ready"
And yes, it will include the screen as well.

Posted Thu 08 Jun 17 @ 12:32 pm
Great stuff, thanks

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 2:28 pm
Yay!! Just seen that the latest build of VDJ now has support for the RX.

Will be trying this out the next few days to see how I get on.

Posted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:28 am
91%