Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: 8 and ddj sx2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello party people ,

Had a problem with vdj8 not working this weekend . i have updated the current firmware version on the SX2 and I'm currently running 8.1 build 2587-1086
for no apparent reason the right of my controller channel 2 and mic input as well as crossfader stopped working , i had to quit vdj8 and turn off and on the SX2 . and it ran the rest of the evening with no problems. I'm currently running macbook pro 8gig ram i5 and i am running yosemite . confused why it would do that. the sx2 is only about 8 months and i take great care of it. not sure what the issue is please help!!

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 8:48 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's hard to say that happened at that point in time since there was no crash, and no logs are generated.

I have an SX2 and use the latest builds of VDJ8 without a problem.

If the issue continues, please let us know!

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 9:00 pm
The fact your mic stopped working points to an issue with the SX2 as it is hardware controlled and nothing to do with VDJ. I also have the latest FW released a couple of weeks ago.

I have had the SX2 since it was released and had nothing like this happen at all.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 9:11 pm
Use ddj sx 2
firmware 1.06
virtualdj 8.1 (2761.1091) and I have no problem under Mac and Win7
Macbook pro i7 & Yosemite (bootcamp Win7)

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 5:14 pm
it did it again last night, expect it was the left side this time!

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 6:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
nando9811 wrote :
...the right of my controller channel 2 and mic input as well as crossfader stopped working , ..

Could you please provide more info ? Was the sound cut off ? Were you able to "control" the deck from the SX2, even if no sound was coming out (e.g. play/stop the deck, move the pitch etc ? Was the crossfader moving on the screen while moving from the DDJ-SX2 ?
Did it happen while trying to get the MIC to work ? How is this connected and used ?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 12:17 am
Channel 2 was playing the song that was the output on the house system at the bar and I was raising channel 1 to mix in the song and it wouldn't control it from the SX two I had to manually control it from the laptop via mouse , no I wasn't using the mic or the CrossFader

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 2:17 am
Did you notice if there was a "Ghost" Volume fader moving on the skin ? Like this...

Any other controls that were not working on the mixer or the deck or was it just the Volume fader ? Were you able to start/stop the deck from the controller ?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 2:20 am
No I did not notice the ghost volume fader, and yes I was able to control stop and play from the controller

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 4:28 am
If you notice the actions assigned to the Mixer Keys (Volume faders, EQ, Gain etc), you ll see that all of them are following this way..
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : some_action
This means that if the variable gets the value 1 (or anything else than 0), then the mixer channel will not respond at all.
The hwmixer variable gets the value 1 if its not on the PC position (front switchers). So somehow, the switch was moved to another position, or maybe due to some re-connection, it never got the correct value.
If this happens again, try to toggle the front channel-switcher to some other position and back to PC and see if the faders work again.

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 5:14 pm
Ok, thank you for your help

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 6:18 pm
I hate to keep beating up this thread, but it did it again last night I took your advice and try to toggle the PC to Mic switch back-and-forth but that did nothing I'm baffled why one or the other side would quit working

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 1:58 pm
Could be should I try to run the firmware again?

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 11:02 pm
It can't hurt. There are others in this thread, that have the same setup, and do not have the same issue. I know that means nothing to you, but could this be an issue with your equipment? Can you try another controller, another computer, a different USB cable?

Posted Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 2:34 am
I reinstalled the firmware update and when IDJ last night I did not have any issues so fingers crossed

Posted Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 1:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)