Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RX Mapping!? - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

will try that next

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 2:45 pm
They don't work with record box as well? they are very slow and keep moving buy them self strange

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 3:15 pm
Read page 28 of the units manual.
Change the "Backspin length" to "short" (pad 6 lit on the right deck)

Let us know if that helps...

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 3:53 pm
PhantomDeejay Many thanks for your response,I had tried everything even backspin long,normal and short nothing helped my friend I had to take controller to the dealer's shop they have never experienced something like this ....
Again thanks for the quick response from vdj team you are the best guys, thanks a million this was the quickest response so far !

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 6:19 pm
I have a problem when using DVS record with the RX. as well as for use with the Pioneer DDJ SX2 I had to enable the DVS function in serato, close the serato for use with Virtual DJ and worked smoothly. using the same procedure with rekordbox the DVS function is enabled, but change the mapping and Virutal dj does not recognize as Pioneer DDJ rx, but as DDJ RX 2IN2OUT, I understand that is because the system changes in rekordbox as happened with serato. and for that reason does not work on virutal dj controller. DVS function goes well the problem is the mapping.

Tengo un problema grabe al usar DVS con la RX. al igual que para usarlo con la pionner ddj sx2 tenia que habilitar la funcion dvs en serato, cerrar el serato para usarlo con virtual dj y funcionaba sin problemas. usando el mismo procedimiento con rekordbox se habilita la funcion dvs, pero cambia el mapping y Virutal dj no reconoce como Pionner ddj rx, sino como DDJ RX 2IN2OUT, entiendo que es porque el sistema cambia en rekordbox al igual que pasaba con serato. y por esa razon no funciona el controlador on virutal dj. la Funcion dvs marcha bien el problema es el mapping.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 7:42 pm
Just to inform you I had an faulty controller! replaced for new one!

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 5:43 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
VirtualDJ 8.2 includes native support for Pioneer DDJ-RX

Since it's the first "Rekordbox" controller we support, please let us know by using THIS thread if anything doesn't work as it should.

PS: Yes, there are still some functions that don't work the same way they work with Rekordbox. We only need you to report if the controller itself (or the assigned action) does not function as it should.

Thank you!

the jog wheel led does not work with the progress of the track, and some leds does not work . please help!

Posted Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 6:42 pm
Hi

Used my new controller in a 5 1/2 hour gig, using videos for the most part. Lost sound twice during the night for about 10 seconds each time before I got control back but song did not continue to chants of shoot the dj ;-) Have noticed when rehearsing with the RX that if I connect a usb drive while playing the audio drops out, is this normal.

Also have noticed that the leds for deck channels 1 2 3 and 4 only illuminate orange leds when setting gain, yet when the controller does it's running lights display when left alone the reds are illuminated. Setting accurate gains is really important especially in a really loud club.

Kieran

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 8:22 pm
maybe the hub was going to sleep adjust its power profile to make sure

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 9:24 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Is the booth monitor knob in the centre of the controller mappable in VDJ? I'm not having much luck with it.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 10:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nothing in the definition for booth, I'd assume it would by HW, what with it also being a stand alone unit.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 10:22 pm

I've mapped the master tempo button to "pitch lock" and it's working but the backlight of the button isn't enabled with it, does anyone know the correct mapping to get the light working? Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 1:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to locate the LED_KEYLOCK key and assign that as .. pitch_lock , or just delete it's action (will follow the button)

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 1:48 am

Works thank you!

Posted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 5:44 pm
hi folks,

I've just recently bought the XDJ RX and am looking at getting this running with VDJ.

is there a mapper to download to start this process?

I'm running the latest VDJ 8.2 and latest firmware on the XDJ.

plugging it in at the moment VDJ under the controller window picks up in the XDJ which is good but, this is all that seems to be happening.

if someone could share a guide for setting up the XDJ (what mode/settings need adjusted on this) and also the audio settings for VDJ.

all help gratefully appreciated.

Iain

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 1:04 pm

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 1:28 pm
Hi my ddj-rx lost conection with vdj. Any reaction on controler and drivers faild ...
On second laptop the same problem

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 6:40 pm
sklep_Muzak wrote :
Hi my ddj-rx lost conection with vdj. Any reaction on controler and drivers faild ...
On second laptop the same problem.
With recordbox dj all is ok.
Reinstallation software and drivers doesn't help

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 6:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Two things you can do ..

- Replace the USB cable with a new one
- Make sure the Pioneer sound card is not the default playback/recording device for your Operating system. (from Control Panel ->Sound)

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 10:38 pm
I did both things at first ...
After all with recordbox dj from Pioneer, everything is ok, but with virtual controller is absolutely death

Best regards P.

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 5:57 pm
99%