Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Clock[ToDo]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can the software PLEASE remember the clock settings? Been asking for this for some time and it's a VERY simple thing.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 7:49 pm
Can you please explain, no problem with the clock here?

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 8:15 pm
Clock settings are skin specific, not in the software.

What skin are you using? It's possible to edit the skin XML to display the clock the way you prefer.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 9:01 pm
I am using the stock skin. I want it to show in 12 Hr not 24 Hr. What do I need to do?

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 3:09 am
When you press the clock, it should remember what you have chosen so you don't have to set it every time.

It's simple, remember the clock settings. That's it.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 4:28 pm
DJWrenocide wrote :
I am using the stock skin. I want it to show in 12 Hr not 24 Hr. What do I need to do?

Which stock skin? 2 deck, 4 deck, 6 deck, touch? You're aware that you can already click on it to change the format?

Notice that when clicking it cycles through three choices. They are listed in order in the skin XML. The first one listed gets displayed by default, so if you want the second option - 12hr - to display first, just swap the order in the skin XML.

So in the stock 2 deck skin, the "clock" group lists text with %fullhour, text2 with %hour12 and text3 with %counter.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 6:53 pm
Groovin,

I understand how to change the clock. It could not be more simple.

I, and others, would simply like it to STAY as a 12 hour clock when closing and re-opening the software. If I select the 12 hour clock and I close out of VDJ, It should remember that setting when it is re-opened.

No, I am NOT messing with the skin files. I shouldn't have to. VDJ remembers a ton of settings and the clock really should be one of them.

Thanks again for your consideration of this.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 8:01 pm
Create e.g. a menu/submenu like:

<submenu text="Clock">
<item text="24h Clock" action="set '@$clock' 24" check="var_equal '@$clock' 24"/>
<item text="12h am/pm clock" action="set '@$clock' 12" check="var_equal '@$clock' 12"/>
</submenu>

And show one of those panels. It stay after new start. or use my OrangeJuice skin ;-)

<panel id="clock" visible="var_equal '@$clock' 12">
<textzone resetcounter="true">
<tooltip>24h Clock \nRightclick: Counter Clock ( AutoReset after click)</tooltip>
<pos x="87+10" y="5"/>
<size width="65" height="15"/>
<text size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="%hour12" scroll="no"/>
<text2 size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="%counter" scroll="no"/>
</textzone>
</panel>
<panel id="clock" visible="var_equal '@$clock' 24">
<textzone resetcounter="true">
<tooltip>24h Clock \nRightclick: Counter Clock ( AutoReset after click)</tooltip>
<pos x="87+10" y="5"/>
<size width="65" height="15"/>
<text size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="%fullhour" scroll="no"/>
<text2 size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="%counter" scroll="no"/>
<!--<text3 size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="00:00.0" scroll="no"/>
<text4 size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="%hour12" scroll="no"/>
<text5 size="18" color="#BDBDBD" font="Tahoma" weight="bold" align="center" format="%hour" scroll="no"/>
<text4 size="28" color="#aaaaaa" align="right" weight="bold" action="get_cpu & param_cast 'percentage'"/>
<text5 size="28" color="#aaaaaa" align="right" weight="bold" format="`get_cpu & param_cast 'percentage'` %hour"/>
<text6 size="28" color="#aaaaaa" align="right" weight="bold" format="`get_cpu & param_cast 'percentage'` %hour12"/>-->
</textzone>
</panel>

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 9:08 pm
I have absolutely no clue what all that jibberish is... sorry.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 4:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's amazing, we once used a software that did what it was suppose to do, now you got to learn how to script and code... well that's progress for you. lol.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 6:18 pm
Well you don't have to learn how to do that. You could just click on the clock when you start VDJ. I guess for most users that's not a problem. :-)

VDJ is software. Software generally involves clicking on something at some point, even if you have a controller. It's the nature of the beast.

Alternatively there are these things called watches. :-)

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 6:24 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Personally I don't have a problem with the 24 hour clock, anyone should easily be able to convert that in an instant.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 9:12 pm
Groovin, there has NEVER been a more simple request. If it works for you, great.

Yes, it IS simply clicking on a button but so is 90% of the other stuff we have to do. One less button would be great.

Again, this is the most simple request... if it's too much for you and others to handle my request... IGNORE MY POST PLEASE!!!

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 4:50 pm
Don't worry, we've read your post, and have put this on the todo list.
Obviously it's not of the highest priority, but eventually it will be added at some point ;)

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 5:22 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
@DJMagicComments, I can modify your skin so the 12 hr clock is first. PM me or reply with what skin you like to use. I do the same thing with skins I like and works every time.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 6:00 pm
I'm using the 2 deck skin. I tried to mess around with the code but it never took for me. I tried to remove all three options and just leave the 12 hour but then it wouldn't load the skin at all.

If you guys say you will work on it then I am happy with that. Yeah I click on it to change it but I would rather not have to. I have been doing it for this long and yes I do still look at my phone for the time. I just don't like the image of me looking at my phone and guests might get the idea that I have some place else to go. I was working a photo booth when one of our contracted DJ's was on his phone all night in between transitions. Just really bugs me and doesn't show professionalism.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 6:18 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you have messed around with it, I would not delete anything. Just swap only the "fullhour" text with the "hour12". So "hour12” is the top option.

If not, PM your email address and I will modify the stock 2 deck skin for you so the 12 hr format is default.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 2:14 pm
is there anyway you can add it to ONINIT ? (just wondering if there is a script)

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 5:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Nope, it's a skin thing.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 9:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For now the clock view is indeed skin related. As per Dev Staff, there will be an implementation in a future update to make it easier selected, but for now all you need to do is to open the XML file of the skin you are using, find the <textzone> for the clock and delete the <textX> lines that you dont need.
If anyone needs more detailed instructions, please ask in the Skins forum

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 3:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)