Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crossfader/Options bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I loaded up Virtual DJ, placed a couple tunes on the decks, and then tried to apply the crossfader, and it wouldn't fade! It would just turn off a tune at 0% or 100%, with nothing in between.

I changed the crossfader option (I can't remember which right now) from scratch to smooth, and that seemed to fix the issue... until you closed Virtual DJ, in which case the crossfader option went right back to scratch and I was back to square one. The settings.xml file is saving correctly, but I don't think Virtual DJ is loading them accurately. Or at least that option, anyway.

This is with a NuMark N4, although I don't think it matters which controller I'm using.

Is there something I'm not doing right? Thanks for your help.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 7:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The controller you are using indeed matters. If a controller has a fader/button to control the crossfader Curve, then this has priority over the setting of the software once the controller initializes.
And as far as i can see the N4 has such.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 8:51 am
djdad wrote :
The controller you are using indeed matters. If a controller has a fader/button to control the crossfader Curve, then this has priority over the setting of the software once the controller initializes.
And as far as i can see the N4 has such.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct that the N4 does have an overriding setting, which I have known about since VDJ 8 was initially released. However, when I press the x-fader assign buttons on the N4, it usually turns into an appropriate crossfader. Now if it's at 0.0001%-99.9999%, it plays both songs at full volume, only muting one side or the other at 0% or 100%, so I'm thinking there might be a programming issue somewhere...

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 7:58 pm
Never mind. A mysterious ghost appeared to change the CF Contour from Normal to Scratch on my N4. There are actually no issues with Virtual DJ at this time.

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 8:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)