Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: * please oh please fix this:: big flow killer during DJ ing! (4 decks + external inputs)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey VDJ people,

I have a master tempo issue when I DJ (4 decks + 2 external inputs)

my master tempo is set to "dynamic mode" (changes to which channel has the highest fader) this works perfect with the sampler etc.

just as soon as I activate an external input and I crank up the volume of this track (percussion or live keys etc..) it SWITCHES master tempo to this channel!!! which gives a wrong master bpm master tempo so my sampler sync gets mixed up

please when I select an external input let it leave master tempo channel alone.... this dynamic switching should ONLY happen in mp3 channels, NOT live input channels

please include an option to "discard master tempo switch for activating external input channels". The way it is now is really annoying for people who actually use the external inputs in a 4 deck setting. + sampler etc.

thanks a lot

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 10:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Timm United wrote :
please when I select an external input let it leave master tempo channel alone.... this dynamic switching should ONLY happen in mp3 channels, NOT live input channels

I dont think that its a bug. Some may still need this behavior (to take all decks into account, even if those are Line Inputs).
You have an option of course to select the Master Deck manually, using the M buttons.
If you need to go back to the automatic selection, simply click on the active M button again.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 12:27 pm
yeah ok I see your point, however my inputs aren't beat-synced ... (just percussion pad etc.) so an option to discard external input would be appreciated.

what is the command for the M key? I have a custom keyboard mapping

thanks!

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:36 am
On the skin there are 4 "M" buttons, one for each deck.
These buttons set the "Master Deck"
You can click on the m to select a deck as Master Deck manually, or restore the auto selection by clicking the "M" button on the deck that's allready set as master deck

The commands executed by the "M" button in case you want to assign them on your keyborad are "master_deck" and "master_deck_auto"
Remember that for the first command you need to specify a deck, e.g.: "deck 2 master_deck"

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 7:04 am
ok thanks..... however my point remains that an option to "discard changing master deck to line input channel " is very welcome for non beat line inputs like percussion, samples vocals etc.

I am wrestling with this every time and although you provide me with some kind of solution it is still a flowkiller to have to change from MASTER AUTO all the time and back. It simply doesnt work for me. Please seriously consider this option for people who use inputs with NON BEAT type input sounds,

would be much appreciated

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 5:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)