Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: too much midi devices vdj crashes?.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djekipPRO InfinityMember since 2010
My club setup is 2 cdj 2k pioneer 1 djm2k pioneer 1 novation lauchpad mini and 1 myo as keyboard mapped. plugged novation today on my system and as i.m playing with it (changin fx and starting samples) vdj keeps crashing.. it just die and reopen it self. Is there some limit how many midi devices it can listen same happend lastnight as was using my myo to launch keaboard commands to vdj.. vdj just die and reopen it self. Anyone have same problems? Pc computer with i7 16gb ram so should not be computer issue.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 12:02 pm
Well right now I've got a set of Pioneer cdj 850's, a set of Denon 5500's, a Pioneer DJM 850, a Pioneer DDJ SP1, an Akai APC mini and a small web cam plus a 3 tb hard drive running and I've never crashed.

That's a total of 9 things and 7 of those are midi controllers.......

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 1:59 pm
Which version of VDJ are you using? Can you try adding multiple midi devices at home to test? Can you connect to the internet, so the crashes can be sent to Atomix?

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 4:04 pm
There are two crash reports showing in the system.

I can't see what they say - but there are two using the most recent public build.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 4:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Crash is on the Glitch VST.
Not sure if the Dev Team can do something about that. But i am sure they will take a look.
In the meantime, since you know where the crash comes from, better avoid using that for now.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 5:00 pm
Thanks need to clear that vst away...

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 12:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try effectrix, a similar thing but works with V8 a bit better.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 1:01 pm
Own effectrix also...

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 12:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)