Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ crashes regularly in automix-mode?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I'm quite new to VDJ (coming from TraktorPro2), purchased it some weeks ago because I pretty much liked the idea of effortless, uncomplicated, good developed automix-mode for playing background music. Unfortunately it is exactly this feature that drives me mad at the moment: VDJ crashes every time (after a few songs are played)?

And it doesn't even seem to be related to a single point of hardware failure? E.g. I sometimes bring my MacBook and some speakers along to little private parties with friends. So I normally use an external sound card (TraktorAudio2 mk2), while at home I connect to my Denon MC-6000. And so, after a few songs (between approx. 3-7) VDJ crashes again, and it does that really every time, so I never ever heard it playing stable for, let's say, some hours or even longer than 30mins?? When I then return to my Mac, VDJ is closed, like it was never running and all prior changes (e.g. playlist edits, played songs, etc.) are gone.

My base equipment: MacBook Pro 13" Retina (Mid 2014), Intel i7, 500GB SSD, 16GB RAM
MacOS X 10.10.2
DJ hardware: Traktor Audio2, Denon MC-6000
VDJ: latest update (today), but shows the same bug, just like any prior version

Thanks for your support and/or any hint!

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you check and spot from the "History" of the played tracks if any specific tracks cause this crash ?

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:59 pm
+1, I have the same problem! There are no specific songs that causes the crash. I've runs some test and when the wifi is turned off or if theres a bad connection it shut's down for sure. And indeed all playlist and stuf are gone. I also use the iRemote on my iPhone. Hope VDJ has a solution soon for this problem!

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 3:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)