Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 moving top of playlist track to middle

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ive gigged with VDJ8 now around 7 gigs, and over the last 4 or 5 noticed a problem.......

For no reason at all, a good few hours into the gig, the track at the top of the playlist which is playing will shoot down the list to approx half way. Non of the others move, so the effect it could have is to play the wrong next song (worrying as i always have loads in my playlist).

The only solution is to physically grab it, move it back up and then double click the next track to be sure the right one comes on.

The worry would be if i missed it doing that.

Once it has done it once it does seem to do it 5 or 6 more times over the next few hours....

This only seems to occur 3-4 hours in to djing.

Also the 'track will play at' times go haywire - quoting future dates days away.

Once put back to the top everything reverts to the correct times.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 9:25 am
raykjHome userMember since 2010
Something similar happens to me... VDJ8 will start playing tracks in the middle of my Automix playlist. Really aggravating when you tell someone their song is coming up next, or if you're trying to keep a dance floor full and suddenly Steve Miller starts playing... I miss Version 7. NEVER EVER had a problem with it. I'm only using 8 because of the subscription. I would NEVER buy it at this point.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 12:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I can think of 2 reasons for Automix to skip tracks and play one from the middle as next.
- Yoy have enabled shuffle (random pick)
- The tracks between the current and the one picked from Automix are not available/missing files

The "Will Play at" field also helps to see if if the track you "think " it will play next is indeed the one.

Oh, btw.. with a full dance floor, Automix is indeed a bad choice for a DJ.. Sorry !

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 2:48 pm
.....no its not. its the music selection that counts! - automix has nothing to do with anything!

shuffle is not enabled, and its not doing it during the mixing - its doing it as the current song at the top of the list is playing.

everything is as it should be, no user error, or accidental press of buttons, the song just drops down 15/20 places with no reason. Completely rearranging your list.

IMO this is not acceptable for a top of the range program.

If it had been a one off, fair enough, but its definitely not.

If anyone can find and sort the fault, it would be much appreciated, or i'll definitely have to stop using live.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 2:58 pm
to clarify:

imagine a list of 30 songs, and the one at the top is playing, all the ones underneath are lined up 'to play at' the following times, so everything is in order.

The track that is playing stays at the top of the list.........then without warning - the track moves to the middle of the playlist.....and all songs above and below it lose any concept of what will play next. Some show an hour away, some a few days away!

Only physically grabbing the song that is playing from the middle of the playlist, and dragging back to the top of the list will put the list back in order and the 'will play ats' back into the proper times.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 3:03 pm
No-one else seems to have reported this. You could always try removing your settings.xml file (and keep it somewhere else), restart the software so it goes back to default settings and see if the problem goes away.

Seems more like a gremlin than a bug.

Keith

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 3:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That really sounds strange. Is an external involved? If so, could you name a song and his length when this happend? Maybe a sleep, energy saving, hot plug issue.
The list goes weired if the source is suddenly missing, but the playing track is in RAM. Once you drag and move the track the hdd is touched again. And maybe awakes...

Just my thoughts...

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 4:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Next time this happens (or even better if you can reproduce this at will).. can u post screenshots from the Automix window , one before this happens and one after ?
Make sure the Will play at field is wide enough to see the data.
Thanks

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 3:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)