Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Getting crashes while scrolling thru effects via mc6000mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

twice last night was able to crash vdj8 (lastest build) by scrolling (but not activating) thru the effects via my mc6000mk2

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 4:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can u reproduce at will ? Are the native version 8 Effects all you have or use some version 7 ones (or even VST) ? Can u tell which effect provides the crash if you manage to reproduce ?

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 6:41 pm

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 10:06 am

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 4:27 pm
yes there are vdj7 effects in the folder too. was able to crash it again on both the mc6000 and mc6000mk2 using the scroll knob. it seems to happen when for some reason it starts going through transitions instead of effects. I really think vdj8 skin and effects should be in a different folder than 7

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 2:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using a custom mapping ? Normally, you shouldnt be able to scroll through transitions if you use effect_select actions.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 4:42 pm
the only change to the default mapping is an unload button attached to the (- pitchbend button)

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 11:57 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Using the re-condensed skin, I was cycling thru effects and pushed a visual. Well, a small window w/ an effect came up. Closed it out and started cycling to find an audio effect - boom. VDJ stopped working and windows wanted to help find a solution. 2151 under Windows 7 x64. Tried to recreate and did not.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 12:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)