Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Transitions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Cannot transition between the video a and b in auto mode.

I have a PC and did not have this issue till the update on Saturday. I have to manually change it

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 9:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What is the selected Video Transition ? Can you try to select a different one ?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 9:50 pm
djdad wrote :
What is the selected Video Transition ? Can you try to select a different one ?

Yes, I have tried multiple ones.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 10:09 pm
Then you will have to explain "cannot transition"
How do you use the video transition ? Do you see the video crossfader moving when the Volume faders or the Audio Crossfader changes position ? Do you get the correct side on the Master Output ?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 11:07 pm
I have my settings where the video does a "auto transition", with the video slider. I do not have the audio slider tied in with it.

What ends up happening, is I can add a video to one player (A) then another in (B). When I video (A) ends and I goto (B) in auto mode. The video slider will (when in auto mode) move to player B. It will show the transition effect until it gets to 100% the video will goto black. The only way that I can get video is to undo the "Auto" and click on the "link". then move the video slider to what player is on.

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 8:58 am
Have you enabled the "random Video transition" (videoRandomTransition setting to Yes) or are you using any certain one ? Which ones have you tried ?

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 4:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had that happening in earlier versions too. But not with auto video transition and no random transition.
The transition worked as long as the video crossfader was between 1 and 99%. Once you reached 100 (or 0) the video output went black.

Strange thing, it went aways during the same session after trying multiple times to fade between the decks.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 3:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)