Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beta Build 2139.929 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

reloading tags and it's removing the tag from the remix field please help

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 6:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
And you do have the remix field in the tag?

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 11:19 pm
what you mean of cause i do otherwise i wouldn't be posting this would i

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 3:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
DJNathan30 wrote :
what you mean of cause i do otherwise i wouldn't be posting this would i

Tell you what matey, take some screen shots from before and after of the tag editor as we need to see.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 5:03 am
@DJNathan, we're just trying to understand what you've written. It's ambiguous.

Presumably you're trying to reload tag info into VDJ 8 from some files that you've altered/updated. Which tags have you changed in those files? The remix tag or something else?

Are you saying that this process is removing the existing 'remix' tag from the VDJ 8 database (i.e. not replacing it with a new one from the file, but wiping the one in the DB), or that the 'remix' tag from the new file is being erased (from the file)?

In config/options, is getRemixWhenParsingFilenames on or off?

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 5:16 am

first picture is before i reloaded tags 2nd picture is clicking reload tags and the 3rd picture is showing no tag for the remix field which it was before i reloaded

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 5:55 am
Can you post a screenshot of the Tag Editor for one of the files that had a remix filled before?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:11 am
shows you in first picture

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:16 am
groovindj wrote :
@DJNathan, we're just trying to understand what you've written. It's ambiguous.

Presumably you're trying to reload tag info into VDJ 8 from some files that you've altered/updated. Which tags have you changed in those files? The remix tag or something else?

Are you saying that this process is removing the existing 'remix' tag from the VDJ 8 database (i.e. not replacing it with a new one from the file, but wiping the one in the DB), or that the 'remix' tag from the new file is being erased (from the file)?

In config/options, is getRemixWhenParsingFilenames on or off?

this is set to yes

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:30 am
He asked for a screen shot of the tag editor. Your pictures are of the browser.

Also, can you answer the questions I asked earlier? Thanks.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:31 am
Nathan - Adion is asking for a screenshot of the Tag Editor for one of the affected files.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:31 am
this as happened to all my files not just one file, it's removed the remix field which should be there

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 6:37 am
having to manually re-edit them back in with the tag editor :(

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:03 am
Why are you reloading them? What have you done to the files / what have you changed in order that they need reloading?

If you've used some other software to edit tag info, what software is it? Are you sure that the other software hasn't written to the remix tag and blanked it?

I guess it must have been working before, as the remix data was there - so have you tried reverting to the build you were using when you first added those tracks?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:16 am
or maybe re-install an older back up copy of your db file?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:24 am
reloaded tags cause i altered some files as some had misspellings, i use tag&rename and this doesn't have the remix field, it's basically never worked for me tbh not on beta anyway

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:27 am
As you can see, the file itself contains a Title and Artist field, but not a Remix field.
getRemixFromFilename only works when there is no title or artist in the tag either, so it seems the behavior of reload tags is correct.

I suppose the Remix field was manually added before then in the database?

Edit: So probably the first time you loaded these files, title and artist field were not present, and the remix field was read from the file name.
Then when you modified the tag outside of vdj, it has written the title and artist tag, but not the remix tag.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:29 am
Adion wrote :
As you can see, the file itself contains a Title and Artist field, but not a Remix field.
getRemixFromFilename only works when there is no title or artist in the tag either, so it seems the behavior of reload tags is correct.

I suppose the Remix field was manually added before then in the database?

Edit: So probably the first time you loaded these files, title and artist field were not present, and the remix field was read from the file name.
Then when you modified the tag outside of vdj, it has written the title and artist tag, but not the remix tag.

nope that's incorrect even if it had (extended mix) it would also be removed when reloaded tags can sure you if you want? artists and titles are always present as i tag them first myself then after i scan for bpm in vdj then i realize i made a mistake on some files so i shutdown vdj sort them files out then open up vdj reload tags then it removes the remix tag field, and no i've never manually added until after when it's removed

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:37 am
this going to get ignored or is this going to get sorted?

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:24 pm
Nathan,

What might help is:
1) have a track that shows a 'remix' attached to the TAG. - show a screen shot of this.
2) then follow the same steps you did above providing images throughout

Adion can then try and replicate the issue, as i am sure he has done already.
As much information is needed.

If Adion requires anything further then he will ask.
If it is a bug then he will fix it, if it isn't i am sure he will explain what your specific issue is.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:32 pm
67%