Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video screen snapped back

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Build 2126.917. Two gigs yesterday. One at 1:00PM, one at 9:00PM. Playing 1:00PM gig, 30 minutes in, the video out screen snapped back to the laptop. I slid the screen back out to the TVs, double clicked on it, and it snapped back to the laptop, open. The output screen would not stay out on the TVs. Closed VDJ8, reopened, and it was fine the rest of the gig. 9:00PM gig, did not have a problem all night. I have know idea what cause this, and I should add that this happened midsong while I was watching the crowd. Beats me.:)

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 8:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any chance the Dislplay1 was selected ? (right-click option on the Master Video)

when you double-clicked on the video output window, did that come back maximized on your primary screen or windowed ?

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 4:22 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I would have some more questions.

Do you use PC (Window.....) or Mac (OSX ....)?
Do you use Random Video Transition?
Do you have added additional Effects/Transistions?

Last but not least ;-) are you using the latest driver for your videocard?

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 4:28 am
PC, Windows 8, transition is fade, no effects, card up to date. I have done dozens of gigs with 8, all video, and this has happened to me 3 times since early July. So this isn't a common happening, I cannot create it, I don't know what causes it, but it's easy to fix. Just close VDJ, reopen, and go on. It causes a short dead spot in the gig, but it's not like life will end. Just wondering.:)

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 1:40 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Possibly a issue with the connection/ socket/ cable to the 2nd screen ?
Do you use HDMI or VGA ?

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 2:11 pm
I got the same problem first time I played with VDJ8 and it drove me nuts for a couple of days! The cause was a similar effect of what RobRoy offered and the fix was DJDad's.

In my case, I was purposedly breaking the video connection to external thru a VGA A/B switch to select between two external displays (I've been using this for years with VDJ7 without this problem). Somehow, VDJ8 reacts to this action, ie., when detected, automatically switches to Display 1 (laptop) and gets latched to this state even if VDJ8 is re-started. I now use an active VGA switch rather than a passive ('make-or-break') one to get VDJ 8 stay on Display 2 .

So, the culprit really is losing the video output physical connection, as in an unintentional intermittent connection (open circuit).

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 2:38 pm
djdad I don't know what that little flag was set on. I've never seen that before, but I'll open it the next time I'm hooked to TVs to see where it's set. And yes, after sliding vid out window to TVs, I would double click on it and it would come back maximized. Robroy I use HDMI and was hooked to four TVs. This weekend I'll have a 5 TV gig. When I go to set up, I will play around with the cables, wiggle, shake, and see what happens. Appreciate the help guys.:)

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 6:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)