Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 29 VDJ executables open at once!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just opened my Windows 7 Task Manager and discovered a grand total of 29 virtualdj8.exe all open and running!

All I've been doing is opening VDJ 8 to check my skinning progress, then closing it again. Why is it not shutting down properly?

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Try to select WASAPI instead of ASIO, or your built-in soundcard instead of external/controller and see if it then closes properly.
You can also try with controller disconnected, or selected as 'ignore' on the controller config page.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:39 am
I had 35 last week. Just as well I have 8gb RAM to cope with it all. This was reported ages ago but no doubt disappeared as there is no structure to bug reports or feedback.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:42 am
@Adion, I am already using my built in soundcard. No ASIO and no controller. This is my desktop home machine, and I am just checking skins.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Any non-native plugins selected possibly?

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:52 am
Well I had just been changing the skin code for the effects section and switching between a few to check the display.

I have a small number of VSTs in there.

The thing is, my plug in collection rarely changes and yet some days I can open/close VDJ and not find any stray exes still open. Other days it's ridiculous!

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 11:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
what is your built-in sound card ? E.g. we have known issues with some PCI cards from ESI/M-Audio with bad drivers , not released properly.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:32 pm
The machine I found the problem on is my test PC using a creative Sound Blaster SB0270 single channel sound card with optical output. It's a 2004 sound card and the Creative drivers are probably out of date.

As the machine only goes to sleep it seems that something is leaving the executable open when VDJ is closed from the skin.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:44 pm
It's Realtek ALC888 built in to a Packard Bell motherboard.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:50 pm
Root kit virus ?

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 12:06 am
Only if it got past my real time anti virus protection and nightly scan.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 3:15 am
It happens, try malwarebytes anti rootkit....

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)