Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ - SX - crash when pressing the load button

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello

VDJ then locks up when I use the Load button in DDJ - press SX , and would like to upload a song in a deck.
Music and graphics will stop immediately , running song simply terminates .

DB indication from the deck on the Controllor but remains on the last DB - value are .

Restart of VDJ necessary and restart controller DDJ -SX necessary.

Generally it happens once per evening. There are evenings when everything is going great . without problems.

Macbook :
MacBook Pro 11.3
Processor Type: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

VDJ :
mac 8.0.0 build 2094,909

Posted Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 11:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you go through the History and load one by one the tracks you have played during a gig and see if it crashes on a specific file or filetype ?
Any chance this happens on files never scanned/played before with version 8 ?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 1:51 pm
I had a similar issue during my NYE gig. I was using a ddj sz... loaded a song that i had not scanned before and it just caused vdj to freeze. the music was still playing but the interface locked up. Had to restart vdj to get it to work again.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 8:30 pm
NrgPlyrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Had similar issues myself with my SX. Song would be playing, load 2nd song and sometimes the music starts to mess up. It was limited to tracks not scanned before (which is still unacceptable) but it also happens sometimes with already analyzed songs. No idea why. Been thru all kinds of settings n bs. The problem is not limited to a single .mp3. Tried replicating with the same 2 tracks and nada.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 8:50 pm
The Poble happened as I said not always and not always the same song. Only occurs then always when you press the Load button.
All songs are scanned at me and analyzed.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 12:27 am
Hi. Did you find a resolution to this?

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 7:55 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you check with "loadSecurity" option to off
You also have another option "songLoadPriority" to define the thread priority.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)