Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sound Issues when loading a song sometimes - VDJ 8.0 & Pioneer DDJ SX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NrgPlyrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

Using a Pioneer DDJ SX and VDJ 8.0. Sometimes there are sound issues when loading a song while music is playing. Can anybody provide the reasons this happens as in the options I need to play with so this doesn't happen any more??? I really need to get flawless performance here. Using a PC, quad core I7 with 8gb of RAM, very well kept and clean boot and all. Sorry for posting it here but I have no clear answer if it is a controller issue or software issue so I need to address it accordingly.

1. Songs are already analyzed, not that it should matter.
2. Latency is at 512
3. Ultra Latency is off
4. Song load priority (which says to set low to prevent audio drop out while loading) - Set to Low.

Thoughts what else I need to play with or what the cause could be?

Thanks!

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:19 pm
What are these "sound issues"? Please give a more accurate description of what's happening.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 5:34 am
Audio stuttering, freezing, sounds also like im holding the "roll" button om 1/32 if that helps.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 8:54 pm
It only happens when loading tracks? Where are they loading from? Internal or external drive? What type of files are they? Audio/video/format/length?

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i would strongly advise to go through this guide and optimize your computer. The solution in most similar cases is somewhere in there... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

PS. Some settings from the Guide are referred to version 7. Skip those and see if the relative version 8 settings change anything in yoru case (e.g. PitchQuality to 1 or 0, songLoadPriority to Low etc)

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 8:54 am
RazKoolControlleristMember since 2015
Hi there

Can I just say I'm having the exact same issue but it's only just started to happen.

I have a Reloop Beatpad and a Win7 x64 i5 Laptop with 8GB memory - The CPU is not under any sort of load but when I drag/load a track on a deck, the song currently playing stutters the the briefest of moments.

I've gone thru the performance stuff but it's had no effect.

B

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 12:45 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I get that too sometimes. very rare though. and it's more like a very very short dropout of sound.
I can't reproduce it. sometimes it happens a couple of times a night. sometimes not even once.

edit: but it's the same with v7.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 12:56 pm
Audio , Video... The files are all different. All my .mp3s are 320k. Songs are loading from a secondary internal 1tb drive. Yes I defrag it... its clean etc etc... The audio issue isn't limited to length either. I'll run through that page but my PC is optimized as I didn't have these issues with VDJ7.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:09 pm
@NrgPlyr

power profile = high performance ???

and hard drives set to never sleep ?

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:06 am
Also consider lowering the frame rate (FPS) in VDJ 8. Maybe your graphics are affecting performance. Shared or dedicated?

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:14 am
Power is all set to high performance.
Hard drive has always been set to never sleep.
I have a dedicated 1gb RAM video card

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 7:07 pm
Hi,

I've seemingly (knock on wood) found a resolution to this. I set the "song load priority" setting to "IDLE" instead of high or low. Can somebody please explain what the "Idle" setting exactly means?? I can't find the info anywhere for this setting. My song do load a bit slower now but my audio issues seem to be resolved.

Thanks,

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 1:17 pm
My guess: idle = load the track when the computer's not too busy

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 1:52 pm
what it mean is the music loading thread is given the lowest cpu priority so that playing music and other threads have higher priority and it prevents the drop out

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 3:04 pm
Why Im confused is that this issue didnt occur in Virtual dj 7.4 or whatev before that. The PC is set up correct. What other issues should I be looking for? Is a quad core I7 seriously not good enough to load a damn mp3 or keep one playing solid without glitches??? I cant believe that... is the engineering of the program still kinda too young for true stability?

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 9:29 pm
There are many variables that can affect operation of computers and their programs. Considering the amount of different parts, every one of which could be made by a different company, it's amazing that computers and operating systems work as well as they do!

Then (on top of all that) consider that VDJ supports hundreds of different controllers and audio interfaces, so it's almost impossible to just have one setting that works for every type of computer and every type of audio config.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 4:33 am
Yes, happens to me on my iMac as well.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 10:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)