Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Options and settings per controller?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I like a number of you have a few different controllers. Other than the sound configuration, are there any settings/options which are stored along with the controller configuration?

The Pioneer SX2 and SZ require a different value in the JogSensitivity option than the Denon controllers. (In fact, all vendors have different settings for the most part.) - Different values, that is if you want to try and get all of your controllers to be similar.

What I would love to see is certain settings which save themselves with the controller profile, not in the general settings area. I have to keep a 'cheat sheet' which shows the different values for each of the controllers that I may be connecting.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 8:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
dcomo wrote :
The Pioneer SX2 and SZ require a different value in the JogSensitivity option than the Denon controllers.

All controllers should behave the same, meaning that if you perform a full rotation with the controller's platter and having JogSensitivityScratch as 1.0 in settings, they should all offer a full rotation of the skin jogwheel (so move the track by the same amount).

If thats not the case for a controller, then please specify which one doesnt work as above.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 8:43 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Perhaps I misstated the issue, however on the Denon controllers, I don't use the pitch bend buttons, I use the edge of the jog wheel. When I move that in either direction (slower or faster), and then do the same operation on the Pioneer, I feel that the movement isn't consistent. The bend on the Pioneer seems to be quicker than that on the Denon. (Could it be due to the way that the jog wheels are sampled?)

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 11:20 pm
djdad wrote :
If thats not the case for a controller, then please specify which one doesnt work as above.

Allen & Heath Xone 1D. When I tried it recently, I found that a setting of 2.2 was closer to what it should be.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:30 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
SBDJ Profile Switcher in V7 is a godsend for this.

Pity V8 doesn't have something similar. I'm in the same boat. SC2900's at home and 2000nxs at work. Both require different settings for me.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 12:29 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:36 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 6:28 am
You've got mail

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)