Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SR lags when platter let go from scratching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using virtual dj 8 w/a Pioneer DDJ-SR since sept. with no problems. About 3 weeks after an update, my virtual dj started acting up. When I'm scratching or cueing a song up the track will "pause" about a half second after i release the platter. I'm on a new mid-2012 macbook pro, Pioneer DDJ-SR, and a Infinity licensed Virtual DJ8. Anyone have an idea for a solution? Thanx in advance.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 12:42 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What are your settings for touchWheelBackspin and touchWheelForwardspin

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 3:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is this the only issue observed with the SR ? Reason asking is because we have reports for all kind of weird issues (experienced one myself too), and it seems that there is a range of units with hardware/firmware faults.

Can you test with a different unit (if available) and see if the issue is controller related ?

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 3:00 pm
Touchwheelbackspin and Touchwheelforwardspin are both set to yes. That's the only major issue I'm having. Didn't have any problems until the day I did that update. Everything else is fine pretty much.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 6:15 pm
I have a kontrol s4, but I never really set it up to use with VDJ. I usually only use it with Traktor

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 9:45 am
djdad

I have the ddj-sr and the ddj-sz. The ddj-sr has a issue when I open vdj 8 the jog/mode light is on but the vinyl mode is not working if I turn off
the jog/mode light then it works . I know that should be the other way around. Still playing around with it will let you know more soon.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 9:11 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
In v8 you need to be in serato mode for SR to work properly.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 12:28 am
So The SR need sot be in Serato Mode?

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 8:36 pm
I have the same exact problem with my pioneer ddj-sx2 !! I need fixed asap if not ill have to use Serato but i like the VDJ options better PLEASE HELP !

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 9:10 am
RFINGERS wrote :
Touchwheelbackspin and Touchwheelforwardspin are both set to yes

These should be set to no otherwise there will be a short delay after releasing in each direction to determine whether the jogwheel is still moving or not (To allow the backspin/forwardspin to continue working.)

The normal default setting is Touchwheelbackspin yes and Touchwheelforwardspin no - This allows a manual backspin but no forward spin. Releasing on forward scratch movement will ensure there is no delay.

The only way to have no delay in both directions is to set both to no, but then you will not be able to perform manual backspins.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 11:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)