Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Lost midi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm 2.5 hours into a show tonight and suddenly the music stopped . I had no midi control but I was able to start the song by using the mouse. The audio part of the controller still worked just lost midi. Any thoughts ???

I switched to MP3 then restarted vdj and it's working for now.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 7:23 pm
I've had this happen as well and you will likely be asked for more info. Win or Mac, specs & age, wifi on or off, doing videos or mp3, what type of midi controller & current drivers, anti virus on or off, auto updates disabled, was there a loss or spike in power to your system, so many variables.
Could be any of the above including a faulty USB cable.
You have to by process of elimination determine this on your own so you can gig worry free. Nothing worse than the music stopping with people on the floor looking at you like WTF.

One thing I invested in after this happened to me was a battery back-up and new USB cables.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 10:14 am
What's strange is that nothing has been changed on the computer, I Have no anti virus , Internet is enabled, I was playing. MP3 not video. I did use netsearch last night a few times... ( it was running slow come to think of it). Pretty much the same configuration I've been using since V8 was released last May. I was on the 2094 beta build but I ran that New Years eve without issue. I Already picked up new usb cords. That was my first thought as well. I would think of the usb cable was bad I would have lost audio, I'll know soon enough

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 4:03 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
same problem here since 2031, it loses asio driver.....

Braenzu

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 9:52 pm
I have a similar problem with my NS7II. I have a new Notebook and i have lost complete control of my controller two times now. Music/Audio, Motor-Wheel, LEDs was still working. VDJs could be used via Mouse and Keyboard. Restart of VDJ was necessary.

With my old Notebook i didn't have such an issue. But last time i have used the old Notebook was some months ago. So maybe i have missed some vdj updates.

Any clues? (I am on Windows 8.1 64 bit)

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 3:20 am
I used to get dropped midi on my mc6000, same results, music continued to play via the mc6000 (asio) but no control.

I was also having some other random lockups or glitches due to switch lighting effects on and off.

I seem to have cured both problems.

I fitted suppression on my lighting switch controller and also fitted an isolated midi port.

the isolated midi ports are available in two types, opto isolated (very expensive) and electrically isolated (around £22)

I don't know which has had the most effect so both solutions are permanent in my system setup now , and I have a very stable setup,

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 5:04 am
I meant to say isolated usb port , sorry !

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 6:00 am
I upgraded to the next software build and haven't had an issue since. So either it was a fluke, or an issue with the beta I was using

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 1:02 pm
i am not on Beta Builds ...

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:32 am
Desrupter, Have you checked your usb settings in windows to see if the USB ports are set to turn off to save power ? Also have you tried a new usb cord.

J

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 2:43 am
Power managements is off for the usb ports. The USB cord was working all the time without any problem more than a half year. And it is only used for the controller and it has not travelled somewhere. So it is unlikly that it got damaged. What i have changed is the notebook itself. Before i had a samsung, but this is stolen. After a half year pausing i have now a new one with all updated software and the numark NS7 II have now the new behaviour. Suddenly when after a random time i lost control over the controller. But only the Inputs. All Outputs are working flewless. Even the Motor-wheel has stopped when the track was at his end.

The System from the new and the old Notebook are similar: Win 8.1 64bit. 6 GB to 12 GB Ram iCore5 Mobile 2,6 ghz to iCore 7u 2.0 ghz. (same performace but icore7 is a haswell chip instead an ivy bridge). The only significant different is, that the new notebook has only USB 3.0 ports. But this worked on the old notebook without any issues.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 2:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 2:01 pm
Most of the steps in the guide are processed. I have generelly no issue with sound drops. VDJ is also still using the NS7II and is Stopping after the happening the motor wheel when the song is at his end.

The controller is setted to his lowest latency value but tonight i will run the latency mon. maybe i get any hint.

Is it possible to log the midi/hid messages during vdj is running? maybe there i can see more info like numark is not sending any events anymore and what happend before for example..

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 3:47 am

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 3:59 am
unfortunately hidtrace is not working. Nothing to select. With or without vdj running. NS7II was connected and powered of course.

Btw. i am now on latest beta and got after two hour no issue. I also plugged the NS7II to the USB port near the power connected like in the guide is written. Why this should be done?

I will observe this issue.

results for latency mon here. Ndis is due wifi enabled. currently i have no other choice because the ssd is to small for all my music... :-/
#########

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SYSTEM INFORMATION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OS version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)
Hardware: UX303LN, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 11728 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 2594,0 MHz
Measured CPU speed: 2967,0 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2194,456737
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 15,559479

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 2180,640226
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 4,382005

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 76,305320
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,124241
Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,132223

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 13517876
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

#############

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 5:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
hidtrace won't work with the NS7-II because it is a MIDI device, not a HID device.

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 7:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)