Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problems with VMS4 when using Timecode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am able to setup the VMS4 with Timecode. I have attached the audio setup for this.

The vms4 seems to work fine in 8 until I try to use timecode, then things get weird.
I try setting up the audio configuration similar to V7. Note: if I hit the VMS4 button, it adds all 4 decks even though it's in 4 output (2 decks) mode.

Deck 1 output comes out of the 3rd slider (ch5&6) instead of then 2nd slider (3&4).
Deck 2 output isn't coming out anywhere.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 2:13 am
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok after a lot of testing, and comparing to other systems, it came down to something with the settings.xml file. I found that if I edited the file manualy, and set the decks and channels, it would work, but for some reason I could not make the changes within VDJ. I renamed the settings file, so it would create a new one, and at some point could make some changes, but editing by hand after getting the gist of the channels I needed, I was finally able to get it to do what it needed to do.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 7:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely you didnt have the unit set to 4out mode.
http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/American%20Audio%20VMS4%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf last page

If the unit is at 4out mode, then the decks 1 and 2 should be output to Outs 1,2 and 3,4
Unfortunately, the "special" button can only offer a single Audio configuration (which is 8out mode, 4 decks). For Timecodes, the unit needs to be in 4out mode and the whole audio configuration needs to be manually set as per the image shown in the manual (output channels have different order in that mode)

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)