Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2090

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-Fix drag&drop of mp3+cdg karaoke files from explorer/finder
-Aiff tag writing
-Prelisten stop on change option added to view options menu
-TouchStrip midi object added
-Fix changing trigger mode from unmute
-Fix crash when searching and corrupt utf-8 is in database
-beat_tap can now move phase by half a beat after 4 clicks
-broadcastSongInfoFormat option added
-'In Database' filter folder fix
-Actions from master plugin apply to active deck instead of master deck by default
-Fix possible Slideshow crash
-Fix beat_tap not working properly after more than 8 beats when scan engine was not initialized

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 10:45 pm
VDJ8 still crashes on my mac when downloading from Content Unlimited.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 12:06 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:54 am
djdad wrote :
Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 6:38 pm
For the speed (depending on the tempo), even though its just a cosmetic feature, it may be added in the near future.

still waiting on this, for the stanton SCS.1d motorized platter decks
looking forward
thank you

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 5:11 am
what 'TouchStrip midi object ?

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 5:13 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
This is a new MIDI Element for definition files. Like Button, Fader or Jogwheel.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 6:58 am
thnx jakovski !
now i can change definition of my stripSearch at NS7II ?
just to define max/min value, or dectect istant when it is touched ?
(example : to start the video effect)
I can change only this object, or need rewrite all definition XML file ?
I find realy practical purpose of this new definition item.
Thanks to replay

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 8:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no need to change anything in the definition in order to achieve this. I believe the NS7II offers a slider and a note when touched. So you can assign the TOUCH key to activate/deactivate the Video Effect and possibly the TOUCH STRIP (slider) to control the Effect parameter if you wish.

The new <touchstrip> element is useful when you need to assign the Touch Strip to something "relative" .e.g. to make a touch strip to work as a jogwheel and not moving the position of the track on first touch.
In that case the definition needs to be chnaged and probably add something like described in the wiki page ... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDIv8.html

Note. There is currently a bug with the <touchstrip> so you will need to wait for the next build to make it work.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 9:06 am
Please always download a CU file first to cache!
Only when the files is downloaded 100%, load the file onto a deck.

Everything else can cause your issue from above.

ok! but why is this happening on my mac only? I used Dell Inspiron for about 2 years and never had an issues while using CU. I did not have to load my song first!

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 10:28 am
Just noticed this about Karaoke. It's not skipping the silence when set to YES ( I think it used to work in last builds).

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 11:24 am
jmavila02 wrote :
Please always download a CU file first to cache!
Only when the files is downloaded 100%, load the file onto a deck.

Everything else can cause your issue from above.

ok! but why is this happening on my mac only? I used Dell Inspiron for about 2 years and never had an issues while using CU. I did not have to load my song first!

it's not on mac only, but on windows too, only occurs with multiple tracks downloading I think, locks up when the track being cached is also loaded in the player after download to cache was selected (I think)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 12:15 pm
broadcast sending song and artist works as always did but to send album info as it req to do when broadcasting for royalty reporting u have to add %album in the broadcast song info in options I had to manually add this for it to send info however I believe the development team can quick fix this for perm setting so you don't have to keep doing this when there are updates thanks in advance for this fixed

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 4:22 pm
HRESULT hr = GetInfo ("get_deck 'master' ? true : false",&query);

When on master, hr == S_OK, query == 0.0 with build 2090.

With builds 2087 and previous thousand builds or so, hr == S_OK and query == 1.0 with same syntax.

With build 2090 and still on master,

hr = GetInfo ("get_deck",&query);

hr == S_OK and query == 1.0

Going back to 2087 and all is good with the above syntax.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 4:59 pm
I have noticed that the red line through an icon is NOT showing when a file is played since this update. Anyone else? Using Win 8/PC

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:07 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Speaking of the red line,,it needs to be bigger or thicker or something.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:26 am
Ok...now on my desktop PC, I am on build 2090.898 and it has just done as it should and marked with the red line but my gig machine is on 2090.896 and it is not doing it. Hmmm...intriguing....

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:35 am
Still working fine here kelly...... maybe it's changed a setting in your config... mine reset to 45 seconds.. i normally have it at 20.. but still get the played icon ;-)

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:41 am
RenegadeMacky wrote :
Still working fine here kelly...... maybe it's changed a setting in your config... mine reset to 45 seconds.. i normally have it at 20.. but still get the played icon ;-)

I have mine at 45 seconds, just going through both machines to see if something is different in the settings between them. It's nothing major but annoying all the same ;)

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:47 am
*UPDATE*

Re-booted my gig machine, all working now! No idea what was going on there then. My gig machine is now showing 2090.898 as well (but was .896 before for some reason).

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:49 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
first, sorry for my too late repport,

since build 2031-2090 i have video and controller freezes with massive sound dropouts, but only in connection with video connection (hdmi and vga) without connections to video cable i have no problem with my systems.

i have this problem with:
contrller:
vci 400 /vci 300 /pioneer sx / pioneer sz
notebooks:
acer aspire 5755 (intel 3000/nvidia 540m)
asus g56jr (intel HD4600/nvidia 765GTX)
msi gp60 Leopard (intel HD4600/nvidia 840m)

also when i play on "forcefullscreen 0" after 6-7 hour playtime with hd videos, the quality is verry bad and the output begins to stutter. it looks like the memory overfill....
with "forcefullscreen 1" the outbut is top, but the preview monitor is not displayed correctly (distorted)
the freezes exist with both settings

since yesterday i play on the bigest led screens in switzerland (maybe europe)
his 17x5 meters and 26x8 meters (Barstreet-Festival with more then 150'000 guests) yesterday i have 3 freezes in 15 min. my boss was not happy about this! so i played the rest of the night only audi without connection to hdmi or vga, so vdj8 work's perfect.

i have this problem with all notebooks, but only with vdj8! with vdj7 and the same notebook i don't have this problem...

i go back to vdj7, i can't trust vdj8 combined with video
maybe it's possible, that you can create a tool to change the vdj8 database too vdj7 database?
nPachN have create a tool, maybe you can modify this ? i hope so....

sorry for this bad news, but i think i'm not the only one with this problem

Braenzu

Posted Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 10:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)