Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video goes black on cross fade - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unfortunately, you cant exclude any of the native transitions from the Random effect. But the Satelite one works fine here, are u sure its the one that causes the issue ? Can u try to delete the Satelite.ini file from the Transitions folder and try again ?
Also try to delete (and backup) the content of the Transitions folder and see if you get the same issue again.

Btw, how do u use the transitions ? Do you have the AUTO video crossfader enabled ? Do you a MIDI controller (and which one) ? Do use the crossfader or the Volume faders to mix ?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 4:47 pm
djdad wrote :
Unfortunately, you cant exclude any of the native transitions from the Random effect. But the Satelite one works fine here, are u sure its the one that causes the issue ? Can u try to delete the Satelite.ini file from the Transitions folder and try again ?
Also try to delete (and backup) the content of the Transitions folder and see if you get the same issue again.

Btw, how do u use the transitions ? Do you have the AUTO video crossfader enabled ? Do you a MIDI controller (and which one) ? Do use the crossfader or the Volume faders to mix ?

I'm in VDJ Pro 8.
I guess I can just settle on one transition and not go random. The only reason I think it's satellite is when I do a fresh install of VDJ Pro 8 on my notebook, that's the one that's selected in options. When I do a cross fade, it goes black on the fade.

I use a mixing board, one made for Virtual DJ Pro, and I bought version 8 specifically to work with it. It's a Hercules DJ Console RMX2.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:01 pm
The black screen happens even on my desktop computer, whenever that transition comes up.
Could someone official please reply with a solution?

Posted Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 3:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)