Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Volume on Effects does not save!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am still having trouble with this. Can someone please write a DETAILED explanation on how to save the volume levels on the audio effects, so I don't blow my speakers or embarass myself. or, if this has been explained already, I did not find it. A link to the explanation is equally helpful.

Thank you,

Scott

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 1:36 pm
none of the FX i have have a volume level???
is there a specific one you have that has volume level?

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe you mean Sampler Volume, right ?
If that is the case, then indeed the Volume of the Samples is not saved (across sessions or when changing banks)
If your Samples are too loud then you could possibly edit the Gain (from the Sampler Editor).

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:17 pm
I wonder would it be possible to script something via a skin that writes values to settings.xml to retain sample volume?

Basically so that the position of a sample fader/knob could be remembered?

It would be better of course to have it as it used to be in VDJ 7 - but if that's not going to happen then maybe it could be saved as variables?

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe the easiest and most logical way would be to be saved in the xml (Sampler Bank). Hopefully, this may be possible in a future build.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:28 pm
If sample info could be stored in the database just like normal music tracks, along with the data for each one, that'd be excellent.

Then each time you load a particular sample, no matter which pad or bank, the playback level would be set to the same place as it was when last used.

Having to click edit for each sample, adjust the gain and save it is just too much work. Using samples should be as easy as using normal tracks.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:38 pm
Exactly... samples.

They are WAY too loud. This has to be fixed please... how other people are not complaining about this, I don't get.

Thank you for the possible fix in a future build.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 6:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If a sample is too loud, you should indeed reduce the gain of that sample in the sample editor.
This change is saved in the sample, so it won't be too loud even after restart.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 11:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ Adion that isn't the answer, gain should be set so @100% volume in solo play the output should be nearly hitting the limiter. Anything else is adhoc and creates work.
V8 should remember the gate level.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 11:52 pm
Adion, and that is where the problem is... When you want to use a sample, you want to use it now. If you forget or don't adjust the gain in the sample editor, you are screwed. Blow your speakers or at the very least, embarrass yourself.

Come on, there must be a better way to get this right?

"I believe the easiest and most logical way would be to be saved in the xml (Sampler Bank). Hopefully, this may be possible in a future build."

Scott

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 9:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)